Challenge for the guitar players

Square Wheels

Wheels, don't take this the wrong way, but no way am I going to put any time into that.

I  just got a new classical guitar last night and I'm way too into playing Spanish composers right now

there's a Guitar Center down the road from the office, and last week I stopped in and tried out some classical guitars to see if a Yamaha or Ibanez spruce top would be worth buying on EBay. I came across a Cordoba C7 that I think is an anomaly. Sometimes factory guitars are good, sometimes not so good, and every now and then they are way better than they were supposed to be. This one was one of those

I have a handmade Spanish guitar made and hand signed by Vincente Torres of Valencia. He makes good guitars (not great, but good), and mine is from his shop in Spain. This guitar blows it away

I went back to Guitar Center after work and they still had it and it was on a Memorial Day sale....$419 with a case :o

the only guitar I've ever played that was hands down better than this one was my friends concert guitar that cost $5000

Then again, I bought tickets to see my friend Paul play with Angel Romero at the Majestic Theater in Dallas, so he was making an investment in his career

anyway, if it wasn't written before 1875, I'm not going to be playing it this weekend

$419 for a C7?

Aren't they normally $700+

yep! :nod head:

Last Friday, I was in there and they had it listed for $679, but the tag said it was a C7/CE, meaning it was a model with built in pickups. I pointed out that this one has no pickups, so they thought they had the wrong tag on it

They did, the wrong model number but the right price

So I don't think they really knew what they had. They definitely didn't know that even for C7s, this one was exceptional. The sales guy didn't take notice that I asked for THE exact one that I played last Friday...not "a C7" and no, I didn't want to try the Taylor they just got in :D

I was playing a lot of Villa-Lobos and Tarrega last night

it was fantastic

I play that one already, so I will play a little bit to torture anyone who listens.  Wait for it.  :P

No need to wait then, post away.

I played for years.  I've actually been thinking of picking up a new guitar.  

Couch

I played a lot when I was young.  Kept my Les Paul since then, but sold my other guitars.  I recently started "playing" again.  I play maybe 1 hour total a week, but I still have fun.

if you're holding a no shit Gibson Les Paul from back in the day, you realize that sucker is worth about 2 grand right now, don't you?

I sold my '72 Les Paul Standard in 1984 for $400 and was lucky to get it

I've been kicking myself in the ass for years, but hey, back then everybody was playing single coil pickups and I had to get gigs so I sold it to buy a strat like everybody else

if you're holding a no shit Gibson Les Paul from back in the day, you realize that sucker is worth about 2 grand right now, don't you?

I sold my '72 Les Paul Standard in 1984 for $400 and was lucky to get it

I've been kicking myself in the ass for years, but hey, back then everybody was playing single coil pickups and I had to get gigs so I sold it to buy a strat like everybody else

I just lost any respect I might have had for you. 

hey, in the 80s everybody was playing Fender. I had to make a living. I was  in a town where you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a guitar player, and everybody was looking for the crisp clean sound

so a Les Paul and Marshal half stack wasn't doing me much good

I had a Twin Reverb, but I had traded my Tele to get the Les Paul back in junior high. Remember in 84 a 72 wasn't even a vintage axe

you would have done the same thing

tell me about it. In 1979 it was the rig to have...5 years later and the advent of CDs and everybody wanted to be tight and crisp :rolleyes:

I sold the half stack to a good friend when I went into the Navy, but I got one of the new Marshal AVT series amps about 10 years ago. doesn't make your Tshirt rattle like the old ones, but they have 2 distortion channels, the classic Marshal and a new deeper "grunge" sort of sound. Nice amp all the way around