it sho is windy

bikeman564™

Here too...we didn't get much snow, just 2 or 3 inches..but south of us... like Nicko and his family..got more snow..We have blue sky 13 degrees and the wind...gusts up to 50mph

At 3AM (when I couldn't sleep) I went on line...and MNDOT had closed Interstate 35 from about 40 miles south of the Twin Cities to Iowa ....

37 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I just watched an episode of The Orville I had recorded and at the end wondered what the weird sound was - it was a gust of wind passing my window, so I guess we're getting wind too: the temp has dropped 20 degrees F in the last couple of hours.

He was always the show off, that guy. ;)   Orville, I mean..

The wind has started to slow down here.  Daughter#2 was one of the first to lose power on W Michigan.  They had hers back on in an hour.  Since there have been 2 more outages in her neighborhood- both missed her.  We live on an intersection.  Everything across the road north for a couple miles went out early afternoon soon followed by everything across the road to the east for 5 miles (according to the outage map).

Here in treeville it finally happened.  One of my larger sticks went down in an especially heavy wind gust.  The tree was already dead and must have been pretty rotten inside as it broke up on landing......which by the way was in exactly the opposite direction of falling on my house.  Oh well, chain saw practice in the spring.

20190225_110117_Burst01.thumb.jpg.467484b66076081683d1f16ed142bf99.jpg20190225_110101.thumb.jpg.c47ffee6bac705b07a0dae61ebc81eea.jpg