Citi online down for two days

MickinMD

After the 22nd of the month, the last statement closing date for my next month's credit cards payments, I reconcile my credit card accounts and did so except for the two accounts with Citi.  The site's been down the past two days yet my free account at Mint.com (recommended by a former credit card thief for safe, quick checks of your online finances: https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/secrets-former-credit-card-thief-dan-defelippi-1282.php). has updated information it says are "2 hrs" old, including my latest charges.

So I worried that someone might have hacked my accounts and somehow planted a virus on my computer to fool me into thinking the site was down.

I called the phone number on the back of one card, only to get cut-off after waiting for 10 minutes, including LONG instructions about how I could save time by using the Citi online website!

I checked an "is it down?" site which confirmed online.citi.com is down but still worried about a possible bug.  So I phoned to get my balances and last statement amounts and they matched what I keep in my personal budget spreadsheet.  I guess I'm ok.

4 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

After the 22nd of the month, the last statement closing date for my next month's credit cards payments, I reconcile my credit card accounts and did so except for the two accounts with Citi.  The site's been down the past two days yet my free account at Mint.com (recommended by a former credit card thief for safe, quick checks of your online finances: https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/secrets-former-credit-card-thief-dan-defelippi-1282.php). has updated information it says are "2 hrs" old, including my latest charges.

So I worried that someone might have hacked my accounts and somehow planted a virus on my computer to fool me into thinking the site was down.

I called the phone number on the back of one card, only to get cut-off after waiting for 10 minutes, including LONG instructions about how I could save time by using the Citi online website!

I checked an "is it down?" site which confirmed online.citi.com is down but still worried about a possible bug.  So I phoned to get my balances and last statement amounts and they matched what I keep in my personal budget spreadsheet.  I guess I'm ok.

You forgot a:

:frantics:              :frantics:              :frantics:              :frantics:             

Just tried again - got on, and quickly redeemed my cash-back by applying it to my statement. checked the totals, all ok, in case it crashes again.

One of the "Is it down?" sites has a comment page and there were lots of 2 hrs to 3 weeks old complaints about frequent down times.

I'm good.