Coin wrappingday

Gump

I have two pretzel jars, one on my dresser and one down by the washer. I could take them with to my bank or my credit union and they have a machine that sorts and wraps them. Instead I give them toward kids going to summer camp and to a Chrisis Pregnancy Center. I usually put a check in with them.

?

I don't wrap coins.  I never did. I do use change to pay for stuff along with dollar bills. Usually it is groceries or snacks. That's all. It helps me discipline my spending when I physically see how much money I am giving away to buy food to feed me.  If I threw everything on credit card, I wouldn't be as a disciplined in budgeting in the area of food.  I don't use debit for anything for that reason.

50 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Womack and I put our change in a big water cooler jug. We decided to wrap it today. Still have about a quarter of it to go but are at $631. We also had enough Canuckie money to head over to Kingston for a nice dinner.

There were some nice restaurants in downtown Kingston. Summer or early fall would be lovely.  Chez Piggy looked nice.  https://www.downtownkingston.ca/business/chez-piggy

12 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Chez Piggy is one of our favorites. 

I can't even remember where we ate for dinner, when one summer we took several days to cycle and camp from Toronto to Kingston....I think it's over 300 km. one way. I had no idea that the city becomes crowded with all the cottagers bursting into town for necessities and fine dining. :)  I have fond memories of cycling in sheer panic into Kingston with an ugly thunder and thunder-lightning summer storm that broke with rain unleashed just as we dashed inside in a donut place on the edge of town.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I can't even remember where we ate for dinner, when one summer we took several days to cycle and camp from Toronto to Kingston....I think it's over 300 km. one way. I had no idea that the city becomes crowded with all the cottagers bursting into town for necessities and fine dining. :)  I have fond memories of cycling in sheer panic into Kingston with an ugly thunder and thunder-lightning summer storm that broke with rain unleashed just as we dashed inside in a donut place on the edge of town.

We ride over there quite often. Too far from home but we drive about 45 minutes then either do an over and back across Wolfe Island or do the ferry- bridge loop. Usually do lunch in Gananaque. We are close enough to Kingston we can drive over for a day trip or even just dinner. During the summer Kingston is always hopping on Saturdays.