Tonight adventure at Walmart

KrAzY

47 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Where is this Walmart? In the early 80's it was on Main Street in Lewisville...my first apartment complex was behind the Walmart. 

Highland village on Justin Rd.

There still is one on main in Lewisville by 35. It's a little more ghetto, but nothing fun happens there.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Highland village on Justin Rd.

There still is one on main in Lewisville by 35. It's a little more ghetto, but nothing fun happens there.

I have been to this Walmart.  It is fancy.  Had a bike shop concept back in the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

We are thinking of quitting BJs or Sams because of the ever escalating membership costs, plus we barely go there enough to make it worthwhile.  But instead of Walmart I think we would substitute with Shoprite.

Wojsharr quit BJs decades ago.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 3

50 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

The other two words never used together, besides "fancy" is "bike shop".

It was a concept store with a bike shop inside a WalMart.  It was okay at best, but they tried.  Had display cases with parts and slat wall and was better merchandised than just aisles of stuff.

Was supposed to meet MMach5 from BikeForums there but something came up and I just went during a lunch break.   This was when myoffice was in Lake Dallas, near Lewisville.

I had a similar trailer park-culture experience at a Walmart self-check-out zone about a month ago.

All the check-out stations were occupied and I was second in line waiting behind a woman who began to look at the candy, etc. in the tempt-you-slots along the sides of the lane.  Two stations opened up and the woman kept looking at the candy.

So I slid my cart past hers to go to one of the stations. She immediately jumped up and screamed, "I was ahead of you!" and pushed her cart in front of mine.

I pointed out that TWO stations had opened up while she wasn't paying attention and I simply didn't want to keep waiting.

She cursed me and I replied, "Oh, classy lady!" and was going to add more, but she wasn't worth my time.

• Like 1