I got tools

Dottleshead

4 hours ago, Kzoo said:

That first one will help you pull nails. What are those others, tooth picks?

Actually, I bought both to help clean out my pellet stove's burn.  The o-ring tool I use to clear out the carbon in the holes of the combustion chamber.  I use the pryer to scrape the inside of the pot of carbon buildup.  The tool that comes with the stove is ok but light weight.  I'm very happy with the results.

Wow! Better hack and pry stuff than mine!

Over 3000 years ago, when King Agamemnon sent messengers to tell Achilles to bring ships of men from his island kingdom for the Trojan War, Achilles didn't want to go and disguised himself as a woman to hide from them.

So the messengers set up two tables in the town square, one with jewelry and one with weapons.  When they saw a woman expertly handling the weapons they knew who it was, caught Achilles, and delivered their message.

I've often thought that if it was today, they'd have tools of destruction at that table!

• Heart 1

Just now, Dottles said:

Sorry.  Once again your probabilities fail you.  But I love it when you pipe in your opinions.  Please keep doing so.  ?

How often do you do this process? Is it some flaw in your pellet stove's design or is it normal, daily/weekly maintenance?

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

Harbor Freight? 

The pick set works great when you have to do your own dental work. 

Yes, Harbor Freight for the picks.  I got both sets for a total of $6.  I can thank some Chinese kid for that.  I got the pryer made in Taiwan for about $16. at Lowes.  Again, I can thank some Chinese kid for that.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

If it is a rare or only annual need, you probably could have "borrowed" those tools from a library, Home Depot, or even a neighbor :)

22 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

How often do you do this process? Is it some flaw in your pellet stove's design or is it normal, daily/weekly maintenance?

21 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I have a Harman.  Not a flaw.  And once again you miss out on the real culprit of all build up -- the fuel.  But keep talking.

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Maybe rabbit pellets would burn cleaner?

Actually I just have to scrape out my burn pot about once every 4-6 weeks.  I bought the picks because one of the holes leading to the ignition chamber had carbonized and was totally clogged.  After about 20 minutes of needling it, I was finally able to clear it.  My wife already has taken a couple of the picks for the kitchen (I didn't ask -- I was afraid -- very afraid) and the pry bar can be used for other things.  But I'm not to worried about it.  It probably will sit on the hearth next to the stove and never move.  In fact, that's what I bought it for.

I have everything I need to keep my well tuned pellet stove happy. I do all the maintenance on it.

Psssssst.  @Razors Edge who the heck do you know that rents a pry bar and picks??

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I realized at lunch that you can use that claw on your deck!!! Now you just need RG to supply the muscle, and you're good to go.  

I see RG as an honorable guy. But he is divorced, probably a little lonely, and, well a threat. Hell, all of youz are a threat! I am a weak, feeble, fickle pussy willow and I smell. I'm best hanging out with the pellet stove quite honestly. My pellet stove and tools. And my basement. What more could I possibly ask for?