Travel ban

Gump

Our county has issued a ban on all travel due to whiteout conditions. I wish they had done this before it took me 45 minutes to go the 13 miles between home and the office. 

My office face a State highway and there’s still a lot of traffic for a ban. I should clarify “ a lot” is like a car every couple minutes.?

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

In northern Wisconsin many roads were closed due to whiteout conditions and several multi car pile ups. I think I heard over 130 cars were wrecked with one reported death. Had a friend text me yesterday for suggestions on alternate routes to get him back home after a weekend of snowmobiling. I told him to stay another day and wait for the roads to clear. He didn't agree, because he had "mad driving skills and a four wheel drive". This morning I text him to see if he made it home alright. He said he only drove about twenty miles and found another motel to spend the night. "But I would have made it home if it wasn't for the other morons on the road!" <_<

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At 5:45 the governor said today would be waived as a school day in our area--- meaning no one needs to make up the day.  Every district closed.  Then I had to do so too.  School is closed, admin staff report.  Conditions coming in were tough by open fields.  Close to Rochester, much better.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, team scooter said:

In northern Wisconsin many roads were closed due to whiteout conditions and several multi car pile ups. I think I heard over 130 cars were wrecked with one reported death. Had a friend text me yesterday for suggestions on alternate routes to get him back home after a weekend of snowmobiling. I told him to stay another day and wait for the roads to clear. He didn't agree, because he had "mad driving skills and a four wheel drive". This morning I text him to see if he made it home alright. He said he only drove about twenty miles and found another motel to spend the night. "But I would have made it home if it wasn't for the other morons on the road!" <_<

There was several accidents north of sheboygan on I 43. Along with the 130+ pileup in Neenah. 

https://www.nbc26.com/news/local-news/major-accident-on-interstate-41-in-winnebago-county