I'm in another Chicken Wing eating contest this weekend.

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

31 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

It's going to be a disgusting thing to watch. 

I would certainly hope so.

Questions:

1. Why?
  2. You said another.  How many have there been?
  3. Flats or drummies?
  4. What else are you supposed to consume?
  5. Can you ask that the wings be well done enough to be crispy?
  6. Can you insist on extra sauce?
  7. Do you expect to win?  
  8. What will you win?
  9. Can you demand that they call you Asshole of Satan's ass's asshole when you are described before, during, and after the contest?

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I would certainly hope so.

Questions:

1. Why?
  2. You said another.  How many have there been?
  3. Flats or drummies?
  4. What else are you supposed to consume?
  5. Can you ask that the wings be well done enough to be crispy?
  6. Can you insist on extra sauce?
  7. Do you expect to win?  
  8. What will you win?
  9. Can you demand that they call you Asshole of Satan's ass's asshole when you are described before, during, and after the contest?

What?

Couch

3 hours ago, Couch_Incident said:

What?

Couch

When I got to NYC, I fell in with a crowd who used to do Pub Trivia every week.  Our team was filled with people who possessed much useless knowledge, and so would very often win between $25 - $50 off of our bar tab collectively.  It was fun.

Anyway, one chick on our regular group worked for some federation of competitive eating or other, they put on the big events, complete with television coverage and announcers that apparently were the Phil Ligett and Paul Sherwin of disgusting contests.  

Good luck, AoSAA.

Good luck.  Hats off to the people in Buffalo, etc. that made wings a big deal!

I remember in the 50's and 60's when I'd go to the supermarket with my father, uncle, and cousin to pick up cheap virtually-throw-away chicken parts that no one wanted: mostly wings and necks.  We used them as cheap bait in the Chesapeake Bay where we'd run a "Trotline" to catch crabs, which can be made with package-sized string about 100 feet or more long where the string is floated by running it through the handles of empty, capped cans and bottles, spaced about 10-15 feet apart, and strings about 5 feet long with bait tied to the end are suspended about every 5 feet along the 100 ft-long floated-string. You row or small-quiet-electric motor move your boat along the string and feel for extra weight on each of the suspended, baited strings.  Extra weight is a crab!  You then slowly raise the string while someone else in the boat holds a net very steady a couple feet below the surface to scoop the crab up when it's raised a little above it, too interested in the food to notice the motion.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, 12string said:

I was wondering is this a contest where you just eat another chicken wing, or it another contest where you eat chicken wings?  Couch wasn't very clear about this.

No, and how do you judge a wing has been eaten?  Some jackbonnets would probably take a bite and say they 'ate' the wing rather than eating it all.  This screams abuse.

50 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

No, and how do you judge a wing has been eaten?  Some jackbonnets would probably take a bite and say they 'ate' the wing rather than eating it all.  This screams abuse.

Couch just grabs a live chicken and bites a wing off.  He pretends he is Ozzy and the chicken is a bat.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Good luck.  Hats off to the people in Buffalo, etc. that made wings a big deal!

I remember in the 50's and 60's when I'd go to the supermarket with my father, uncle, and cousin to pick up cheap virtually-throw-away chicken parts that no one wanted: mostly wings and necks.  We used them as cheap bait in the Chesapeake Bay where we'd run a "Trotline" to catch crabs, which can be made with package-sized string about 100 feet or more long where the string is floated by running it through the handles of empty, capped cans and bottles, spaced about 10-15 feet apart, and strings about 5 feet long with bait tied to the end are suspended about every 5 feet along the 100 ft-long floated-string. You row or small-quiet-electric motor move your boat along the string and feel for extra weight on each of the suspended, baited strings.  Extra weight is a crab!  You then slowly raise the string while someone else in the boat holds a net very steady a couple feet below the surface to scoop the crab up when it's raised a little above it, too interested in the food to notice the motion.

I have many positive memories of trot lining with chicken parts. 

• Heart 1