What the hell are you going to do this weekend?

Randomguy

I am going to put out hundreds of flags in our neighborhood and then I am going to go have lunch with an old college buddy who is in town for a crit race series.  (I said CRIT, Randomguy and Chopped_Liver!)

Then I am loading up the family truckster and heading to East Texas to visit my parents.

Then coming home Sunday to chill, maybe take our youngest son bicycle shopping and get in a ride.

Monday is a crawfish boil at the community pool we go to.  There will be beer.

• Heart 1

I am going to put out hundreds of flags in our neighborhood and then I am going to go have lunch with an old college buddy who is in town for a crit race series.  (I said CRIT, Randomguy and Chopped_Liver!)

Then I am loading up the family truckster and heading to East Texas to visit my parents.

Then coming home Sunday to chill, maybe take our youngest son bicycle shopping and get in a ride.

Monday is a crawfish boil at the community pool we go to.  There will be beer.

Do you pee in the pool?

I'm going to spend 3 days doing whatever I feel like. I have a new guitar, the weather's going to be nice...

I figure bike riding, fishing, and grilling some ribs are a lead pipe lock

...and a lot of guitar playing

Bike shopping. I don't want KZoo to accuse me of any lies.

I just find another fault to expose.

We have a wedding to attend tonight.  We have the 3 grandkids for most of the weekend - always exciting. Tomorrow I will start on a tree house for the grandkids, get a bike ride in and serve at church in the evening.  Sunday after church it's another bike ride and a visit to FILoKzoo.  Monday another bike ride and maybe some grilling with my parents.  Somewhere in there I have to dump the grandkids back with their parents.

Bike shopping. I don't want KZoo to accuse me of any lies.

Good luck on the bike shopping.  I just checked out your other thread about looking for a bike.  REI is still big box and not bike shop but I guess of you need to go big box REI is the only one I do.  The model you posted got good reviews - some from seasoned riders/commuters.  I personally like the Trek FX.  I've been thinking of picking one up for cinder trails like Ralph mentioned - In my case my wife could use it for a few miles as well.

If I can get up to marathon length, then I will start swimming.  You see the pattern?

Ya. you're working up to the point where you can drown yourself in open water.  I hope before you do you leave the forum in the hands of capable management (not Jsharr, not Notjahsrr and certainly not Krazy).

Cut grass, miscellaneous indoor and outdoor painting projects, ride my bikes (at least three decent rides), watch some of the car races, maybe see my son if he is not with his SO, and last but not least, try to remember and respect the upcoming holiday and those people for which it is dedicated.

thanks for reminding me...Indy 500 and GP of Monaco are this weekend

Plus the World 600 in Charlotte.  A few guys in the past have attempted driving both races on the same day (indy and Charlotte).  Hasn't been done in a while but Kurt Busch is going to give it a go this weekend.  He hopes to drive 500 miles at Indy in a car he has never raced before (Indy cars) and then jump into a plane and fly to Charlotte and drive 600 miles in a NASCAR race that ends after dark, I think.

Club ride tomorrow, not sure about tomorrow night.  church and a solo ride Sunday.  Hopefully some of us will get together for a ride on Memorial Day, and fire up the Weber for a bbq either Sunday or Monday.  A movie would be nice too.

Honey do's around the house...taking Spawn and family to dinner on Sat night to celebrate her 21st birthday. Sunday...Spawn goes back for summer term, I'll drive her up and have a "Daddy/Daughter Day". Monday?....I believe that Squeeze wanted to do something, but, I'm an old fart and can't remember what she said. Selective hearing, she says.

Get a couple of rides in too.

Club ride tomorrow, not sure about tomorrow night. church and a solo ride Sunday. Hopefully some of us will get together for a ride on Memorial Day, and fire up the Weber for a bbq either Sunday or Monday. A movie would be nice too.

I was gonna try to cross paths with your group, but you ride too damn early.

I'm meeting a friend for a ride to New River/Sabrosa. Should get in about 60 miles today.

I started vacation Friday.  I took wife on a picnic and then we looked at 5th wheel trailers.  We're thinking of touring all 50 states and some provinces of America's hat one day. Today I rode 60 miles with 2,250 feet of climbing.  Tonight we're crossing the street for a graduation party.  Tomorrow church, breakfast, bike ride.  Fire up the smoker for the pork shoulder and beer-can chicken.  Dig up some pesky grasses and plant two lilac shrubbery in the front yard.  Fight carpenter bee who is determined to take up residence outside my front door.  Monday is my birthday ride.  Ride up to Yellow Springs, a notorious hippie town here in Ohio.  Meet the wife for lunch at the Yellow Springs Brewery.