Longing for spring: proof

shootingstar

Back in spring 2016 I wrote a blog post with pics on spring in Vancouver which is annually full of cherry blossoms and magnolia-like blossoms across the city.  Right now, quadruple amount of Internet hits this month compared to Feb. last year.

People must be dreamin' of spring.  ?   I'm happy to give them something lovely to think of for the near future.  I have no idea why there was high stats. in May 2018....'cause Vancouver cherry blossoms drop off by May.  The visit stats. are for 1 blog post.  

image.thumb.png.72241cad97102763e9e91d17aec96dfc.png

• Heart 1

Spring is down here in California.  It was sunny with some clouds with a high of 60* today.  The camellias and daffodils are in bloom, and the annual  Sacramento Camellia Flower Show is this weekend. One of the local daffodil flower competitions is the same dates.

I managed to cripple myself yesterday, and am limping around with a cane, so it was nice to be able to sit inside with all the windows and sliding door open. :) Hopefully, I can get rid of the cane by next week and start pruning again. And my 40 pound bag of Ironite is supposed to be on its way to the Home Depot for pickup.

I managed (luckily) to finish up my garden alterations and new plantings right before the latest biblical deluge hit over the weekend, so all that stuff got rained in well and is looking perky.  Please don't hate me. :skipping:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

Spring is down here in California.  It was sunny with some clouds with a high of 60* today.  The camellias and daffodils are in bloom, and the annual  Sacramento Camellia Flower Show is this weekend. One of the local daffodil flower competitions is the same dates.

I managed to cripple myself yesterday, and am limping around with a cane, so it was nice to be able to sit inside with all the windows and sliding door open. :) Hopefully, I can get rid of the cane by next week and start pruning again. And my 40 pound bag of Ironite is supposed to be on its way to the Home Depot for pickup.

I managed (luckily) to finish up my garden alterations and new plantings right before the latest biblical deluge hit over the weekend, so all that stuff got rained in well and is looking perky.  Please don't hate me. :skipping:

Daffodils are blooming in downtown Vancouver, BC right now.  Under some bits of snow. They are near the bay shoreline where the water is warmer for the soil heat retention.

It's been so cold and enough ice/ snow that I haven't biked for past month.  Now it's lightening up...for now.

• Heart 1