Changes Afoot

Kirby

"People" in a work place do not consume in "moderation".  One only has to observe free pizza day to establish that they will grab everything in sight and some may even attempt to take snacks home.

At my last place of employment management had to lock up the spare toilet paper rolls in the custodians closet because they were going home with workers too cheap to buy their own.

While I might be convinced to assume most of the posters in this forum are decent people I reserve the right to assume that they are 98% of the worlds supply.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

I keep keep a supply of snacks and beverages on hand in our offices for employees and guests.  Does not seem to get abused.  If you are hungry and need a between meal snack, grab some mixed nuts, or cheese crackers.  Drinks include Coke, Dr. Pepper, Diet Coke, ginger ale, plain and flavored seltzer waters and regular water, as well as coffee and Nespresso.  

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

At my last place of employment management had to lock up the spare toilet paper rolls in the custodians closet because they were going home with workers too cheap to buy their own

We have the same problem here 

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

People" in a work place do not consume in "moderation".  One only has to observe free pizza day to establish that they will grab everything in sight and some may even attempt to take snacks home.

The same guy who is ripping off TP is the same guy that on free pizza day walked up to the table, picked up a large pizza and walked out to his car.

When we have to work on Saturdays some times the supervisors will buy doughnuts for us ...you guessed it the same guy picked up a box of doughnuts and walked out the break room. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Kirby, does this mean RG and Cheese should expect care packages?   

Unfortunately I need to consume in moderation.  Plus i expect everything will be gone in 25 minutes and there will be nothing left for me.  Not even a package of cheezits.

• Sad 1

...true story: one of the "employees" over at fire station 8 (one of the slowest stations in town, in terms of activity and response numbers), was always towing his 30' cruising sailboat into the parking lot. This was so he could "work on it" during the slow times.

Turns out the "work" included stocking the thing with paper towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies on the city's dime.

I love that story. :) 

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...true story: one of the "employees" over at fire station 8 (one of the slowest stations in town, in terms of activity and response numbers), was always towing his 30' cruising sailboat into the parking lot. This was so he could "work on it" during the slow times.

Turns out the "work" included stocking the thing with paper towels, toilet paper, and cleaning supplies on the city's dime.

You wouldn't believe how many stories I've heard about Fire Station 8. They should burn it to the ground. 

• Haha 3

They took away our vending machines.  They were replaced with a market café with a couple hundred stocked items adjoining the cafeteria.  Guarded by camera.

Anything from the cafeteria can be purchased there, too if it has a bar code.

No complaints.  Cafeteria prices are good and include salad and soup bar, full breakfast, a grill, an entrée station, pizza and a sandwich station.

And the cashier Audrey is so nice.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

The SS Swindle?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kirby said:

At my former job, they'd often have lunch meetings that we're catered with sandwiches, salads, desserts and beverages.  Once the meeting was over, people could go into the conference room to take leftover food.  They eventually had to send a memo out telling people to stop going into rooms while the meetings were still going on to take free food.

I read almost that identical story on askamanager.com

7 hours ago, shootingstar said:

One of our divisions received a chocolate Santa 3 ft. high.  I wondered if anyone would go at it.  After all, the division was predominantly women....supposedly careful of weight.

The Santa got quietly eaten away in chunks over 2 wks. before Christmas.

Careful of weight but also they are women. Women seem to have more of a craving for chocolate almost a need than what men do.

• Confused 1