Okay Bikeman...what did the doc say

petitepedal

Little winter rides? I haven't touched a bike since Jan 5th. Anywho, Doc was not overly concerned but surprised the cough it was still present. Got more drugs. I got a 5-day supply of an antibiotic, which I had to show my ID to pick up :wacko:, I hope theys some kick ass ones. Also got an Rx cough syrup. She said my throat looked red, probably from coughing. I have no sore throat or any related problems as such. But she said to gargle a few times a day w/ a 50/50 mixture of mylanta & listerine. This along w/ the cough syrup, talk aboot a strange mixture of flavors :blink:. She asked if I was drinking  a lot of water...lately I have been. And the cough syrup says to use w/ a lot of water. I'm glad I got more antibiotics, I personally think its viral, but I'm no doctor. She said I could still take Mucinex or Delsym (sp) but the over the counter stuff doesn't work, so I'll save my money. Well that's all I know for now, thanks for asking :)

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Is it codeine cough syrup?  If not, you have to ask for it by name, and most docs will prescribe it for you to store for when I come to visit.

Last time I was in NYC, I met a guy on the corner that sells that stuff.  No prescription required.  It's nice they have outdoor pharmacists! 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Little winter rides? I haven't touched a bike since Jan 5th. Anywho, Doc was not overly concerned but surprised the cough it was still present. Got more drugs. I got a 5-day supply of an antibiotic, which I had to show my ID to pick up :wacko:, I hope theys some kick ass ones. Also got an Rx cough syrup. She said my throat looked red, probably from coughing. I have no sore throat or any related problems as such. But she said to gargle a few times a day w/ a 50/50 mixture of mylanta & listerine. This along w/ the cough syrup, talk aboot a strange mixture of flavors :blink:. She asked if I was drinking  a lot of water...lately I have been. And the cough syrup says to use w/ a lot of water. I'm glad I got more antibiotics, I personally think its viral, but I'm no doctor. She said I could still take Mucinex or Delsym (sp) but the over the counter stuff doesn't work, so I'll save my money. Well that's all I know for now, thanks for asking :)

I think it is gout. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 3

The cough medicine is more likely what you needed the ID for...If you are not feeling better by the end of the 5 days go in again..get blood work..you may need an inhaler to kick the cough? You coughing up gunk or is it dry?

As someone who gets a nasty kick ass cough thing every few years..you might have to push your doc or get a second opinion. 

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

At no point was the word "buttercup" used?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

or I could cough forever

There are lots of other antibiotics you could take. When the doctor tried to give me Cipro when I had pneumonia last year I asked if I could have something else and he changed it for me. The brain damage is irreversible. 

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

There are lots of other antibiotics you could take. When the doctor tried to give me Cipro when I had pneumonia last year I asked if I could have something else and he changed it for me. The brain damage is irreversible. 

I’d be worried if I had a brain, so I’m good 

• Heart 1