Pot to the left of me, pot to the right

late

I changed the potting soil for my current grow. It's terrible for the way I grow, and I will get only a tiny amount of pot off it. I can  stretch the amount I have until my next harvest in 2020. (Can't grow unless it's cold outside) But I don't want to. Gonna get a med card, and buy some pot.

I can also experiment with different blends. That's hard when you grow 2 plants a year, and have to order strains without ever trying them. That would also give me the ability to create blends for differing purposes, pain, ptsd, recreation, etc. I'd really like to find some old school Lebanese, but that's getting hard to do even in Lebanon. It's a lovely stone, but the newer strains are stronger and command a higher price. So a thousand years of tradition...out the window.

So I googled up places where I could get medical marijuana (pot is technically legal, but cities and the state are dragging their feet on allowing places to sell it. One place gets around that by pretending they find pot you've 'lost' (seriously)).

Imagine my surprise when it turned out there were 3(!) places within a couple miles of me.

There are also delivery services, but that adds massively to the cost. In any case, that's one of the things I am going to do this morn. There's a tiny gas station a couple miles from here that sells gas, diesel, and pot. You can't make this sh*t up.

348s.jpg

• Heart 1

I went to the pot place. Didn't buy any pot (need a battery) but I did get a new medical pot card. Which I did not, at all, expect to be doing there. My ulterior motive was to ask them what was the cheapest place to get a pot card. Turns out they were.

Gonna go order a battery for my Magic Flight now (takes a special battery).

Battery ordered. In the unlikely event that you remember my saying I don't vape, I don't. I haven't used my vape in years, and the batteries won't hold a charge.

The place I went to today sells amounts as small as a gram. That's way too small to make an extract, enough to get stoned using a vape. This was my first time in a dispensary that had pot for sale. Felt weird.

in all seriousness. Get yourself a grow setup if you do not have one. Let the lights go 24/7. the plant will stay in vegetative state and you can just keep cloning the same plant. I had a plant that I used as a mother plant for 4 years because I did thins. You know exactly what you are going to get from each yield, how you will like it and never have to worry about growing from seeds.. cloning is simple and once Tx allows it I will be starting back up again in full force. 

10 hours ago, KrAzY said:

in all seriousness. Get yourself a grow setup if you do not have one. Let the lights go 24/7. the plant will stay in vegetative state and you can just keep cloning the same plant. I had a plant that I used as a mother plant for 4 years because I did thins. You know exactly what you are going to get from each yield, how you will like it and never have to worry about growing from seeds.. cloning is simple and once Tx allows it I will be starting back up again in full force. 

I only grow autoflowers. I don't think you can clone them. In any case, I use a small tent that doesn't have room for a mother.

While I gripe about the cost of seeds, it's not that big a deal.

My situation is the result of negotiations with the wife, a bigger tent is not in the cards. I'd like to switch over to LED lights, but I'd need blackout curtains because their color is a dead giveaway as to what you are doing. The wife has vetoed blackout curtains. That's been a running argument with us for decades. I like actual curtains, she likes frilly things that only pretend to be a curtain.

If you're not a fan of hydro, you might want to look into getting EarthBox, that's what I use. The catch is that the plants needs irrigation tolerance, just like hydro. The nice thing is that it's pretty much set it, and forget it. It has a massive reservoir. When the plant is small, you can go weeks without watering. You do need an aquarium bubbler when you use it.

https://earthbox.com/

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, late said:

I only grow autoflowers. I don't think you can clone them. In any case, I use a small tent that doesn't have room for a mother.

While I gripe about the cost of seeds, it's not that big a deal.

My situation is the result of negotiations with the wife, a bigger tent is not in the cards. I'd like to switch over to LED lights, but I'd need blackout curtains because their color is a dead giveaway as to what you are doing. The wife has vetoed blackout curtains. That's been a running argument with us for decades. I like actual curtains, she likes frilly things that only pretend to be a curtain.

If you're not a fan of hydro, you might want to look into getting EarthBox, that's what I use. The catch is that the plants needs irrigation tolerance, just like hydro. The nice thing is that it's pretty much set it, and forget it. It has a massive reservoir. When the plant is small, you can go weeks without watering. You do need an aquarium bubbler when you use it.

https://earthbox.com/

I want to try autoflowers one day, but for now I just buy locally or head to Co. 

I like the idea of the earthbox, I'll have to think about getting one. I never had an issue with neighbors knowing lights in our house. I had a saltwater tank for a long time which give off a nice blue light for the coral. They never thought twice about it :)

i used cloth grow bags with a drip irrigation system that I made up. Worked great.

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

I want to try autoflowers one day, but for now I just buy locally or head to Co. 

I like the idea of the earthbox, I'll have to think about getting one. I never had an issue with neighbors knowing lights in our house. I had a saltwater tank for a long time which give off a nice blue light for the coral. They never thought twice about it :)

i used cloth grow bags with a drip irrigation system that I made up. Worked great.

The Earthbox works for me. But if you have a way of doing it you like, I'd stick with it.

If you don't mind, what do you use for soil, what's the watering schedule, do you use a manufactured bag ( I have one, never used it ).

2 hours ago, late said:

The Earthbox works for me. But if you have a way of doing it you like, I'd stick with it.

If you don't mind, what do you use for soil, what's the watering schedule, do you use a manufactured bag ( I have one, never used it ).

For soil I used a 50/50 mix of coconut husk and earths best soil with a little vermiculite thrown in. 
The watering schedule was just me filling a 20 gal water tote and letting it drip irrigate (about 1-2 drops every few min). I had access to IV Bag lines that let me manipulate how much water was being used. I don't know if the bag is a manufactured bag, But this is the one I used. 

I used to use Dr Earths Pot of Gold potting soil. Only reason I stopped is that I couldn't get it locally. I'd have to add nutes once it hit flowering, but I have to do that with most of them (all of them, really, I've seen recipes for super soil, but growing one plant at a time, it's hard to justify the cost).

I can understand that. I grew about 6 plants at a time. I would just store all yeilds in large mason jars until I was running low and then start growing again. I grew every  year.. now if I did get back into growing, I could grow every two years.. seems like as I get older I don't care about it as much, but it really helps my arthritis and muscle pain. A small vaporizer and I'm good for a few days pain free.