California Named One Of The Most Sinful States

Page Turner

Actually, since it's an opinion poll without any sin data to back it up, Califormia is the 3rd Most Considered to be Sinful State, rather than being the 2nd Most Sinful State.

This poll seems sort of strange. Florida, California, and Texas, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th most sinful were voted near the lowest in "Excesses and Vices." I guess those words aren't in the Bible are clearly as "Lust" so they don't count.

West Virginia, where so many are in bitter poverty and many of their brightest flee to surrounding states when they're finished school, is among the lowest in "Jealousy."  Maybe most people's neighbors don't have anything worth being jealous about.  Many in the surrounding states swear West Virginia's motto is "Nothin' says lovin' like marryin' your cousin."

Maryland, which has the highest avg. income in the nation is 3rd lowest in greed.  Maybe they figure we've got almost all we need.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Actually, since it's an opinion poll without any sin data to back it up, Califormia is the 3rd Most Considered to be Sinful State, rather than being the 2nd Most Sinful State.

This poll seems sort of strange. Florida, California, and Texas, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th most sinful were voted near the lowest in "Excesses and Vices." I guess those words aren't in the Bible are clearly as "Lust" so they don't count.

West Virginia, where so many are in bitter poverty and many of their brightest flee to surrounding states when they're finished school, is among the lowest in "Jealousy."  Maybe most people's neighbors don't have anything worth being jealous about.  Many in the surrounding states swear West Virginia's motto is "Nothin' says lovin' like marryin' your cousin."

Maryland, which has the highest avg. income in the nation is 3rd lowest in greed.  Maybe they figure we've got almost all we need.

What about Essex??

16 hours ago, Dottles said:

What about Essex??

Essex, Dundalk, and that whole east-of-Baltimore City part of Baltimore County should be jealous of the rest of the state.  Except for Captain Harvey's steak subs on Merritt Blvd. in Dundalk. They're overstuffed with great, tender steak and fantastic! Many wish they had one in their area. When I was younger, people at parties, TV sports gatherings, etc. in the Glen Burnie area would get together an order for a lot of footlong cheese steaks and send someone to get them - including paying the toll to cross the Francis Scott Key Bridge.  I guess they still do, though most of the people I party with have gotten older and wiser and thriftier and Linda's Steak Subs in Brooklyn Park is much closer and has excellent subs.

My brother plays bass guitar in rock bands and back in the '80's he used to play in a heavy metal band and did a lot of dives in Essex, Dundalk. I always knew the lead guitar part for at least one of the band's songs so that the lead singer could pretend to discover me at the bar, lie, and say, "Hey, we've a great rock guitarist here tonght! Mick, come on up and play!"

The idea was that it made it easier to pick up women at the bar after I played, though usually the choices were frightening - biker chicks, etc.  But I will say they were generous people: someone would usually put a shot and a beer chaser in front of me at the edge of the low-stage where we played.

• Heart 2