True determination

Square Wheels

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

This guy is 99 and will be running Mt. Washington

Yes!

I want to be like this guy when I grow up.

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

The whole thing is an outrage and against nature.

A man of that age should be slouching in a Lazy Boy wearing thermal underwear and drinking beer, while criticising everyone under the age of seventy.

And you know this, how?

Careful with the leaver on the Lazy Boy...

31 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hence, cut and paste answers.

BAM

Perish the thought......it's unworthy.....even for you.

Cherish the idea that there still exists in this miserable world, a few gifted people who can....... by means of their native wit and seductive charm...... still delight and amuse their more pedestrian brethren.

• Heart 2

12 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Cherish the idea that there still exists in this miserable world, a few gifted people who can....... by means of their native wit and seductive charm...... still delight and amuse their more pedestrian brethren.

Yeah, but do you know any of them?

5 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

I met one the other day in the Poundsavers shop......it was an incredible experience.

Poundsavers shop.  Must be a UK thing.  Here we have Dollar General and Dollar Tree stores.  Both much better that a Poundsavers shop, I'm sure.

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

You never did snuff out elegantly.  I seem to recall a lot of dark plumes poisoning the environment.  

What you did, with your two pals, got you kicked out.

And that was the sort of insults most leave behind when they leave Junior High. The 3 of you repeated those insults literally hundreds of times.

All of which is to say you are projecting.

Fortunately, you can't do that here.

30 minutes ago, late said:

What you did, with your two pals, got you kicked out.

And that was the sort of insults most leave behind when they leave Junior High. The 3 of you repeated those insults literally hundreds of times.

All of which is to say you are projecting.

Fortunately, you can't do that here.

Oh, there was a lot more to it than this encapsulation provides. You left a lot of stuff out -- naturally most of your own shortcomings.  But I will not rehash it here because as you say -- this is a new place and it's nice to get to know the other part of you.  Plus I don't care.  I apologized for my part and that's all I can do -- will do.  I'm glad you're here.  I'd buy you a coffee and a Maine donut (doughnut) but I'm not really sure how I'd get it to you.  I wish I could take my wife and visit the upper New England states this summer -- including Maine -- but it's not in the financial cards.  I think it'd be great though to fly into New York and visit RG, Kirby, and Ralph, drive up to CT and visit Max, track down DeathJim somewhere,, hit SquareWheelieBopper in Boston, and you in Maine.  Maybe even hit upstate NY and check the woodcutting digs of Zackney.  

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

I think it'd be great though to fly into New York and visit RG, Kirby, and Ralph, drive up to CT and visit Max, track down DeathJim somewhere,, hit SquareWheelieBopper in Boston, and you in Maine.  Maybe even hit upstate NY and check the woodcutting digs of Zackney.  

:dontknow:

11 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Are you people really bickering in my thread about a super cool 99 year old guy who is training to run Mt Washington?

What the ef is wrong with people?

These people have no sense of what's right or wrong. They lack the proper sense of respect for his achievements. :o

Personally, I think that he should be stuffed and mounted in order to create a fitting memorial for posterity.