Tree well killers... they took the life of my next door neighbor

Dottleshead

Along with my father breaking his leg in two, I found out this weekend that my next door neighbor's wife got caught in a tree well this last weekend on Crystal Mountain and died in a fluke accident.  I was just talking to @Dirtyhip and @dennis in another thread about this.  She was a great woman in her late 50s or early 60s with plenty of ski experience and was quite fit.  She used to swim the lake a couple times regularly growing up.  She was skiing with her family and took a variation in the safest part of the slope and tried to cut back on a tree line and disappeared.  By the time her family found her, it was too late.  She died of suffocation.  She will be missed.

The odds of dying on the ski slopes I read is literally like one in a million.  But if you do die skiing, there's a 90% probability it's going to be in a tree well. I had a close call once in one of them and I was scared.  

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, jsharr said:

Sorry for your loss.  I have never heard of a tree well, but I have also never been skiing or in an area with lots of snow.  

Go to your Tex Mex cafe. Order the  nachos. Your chips are delivered with lots of guac & sour cream & cheese. You go for a chip at the edge of the bowl. This causes a slide of guac & sour cream to break off your chip into the morass. There is no hope for that piece of chip until you get done with the center portion. By the time you get there the chip (victim) is soggy, wet and not worth eating

help?