How are you gonna celebrate Fat Tuesday?

petitepedal

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

:dontknow:  I am going to the gym...after work.

I plan to eat some tasty baked goods. I always plan to eat tasty baked goods, but maybe these will be free baked goods brought in by some coworker!!!

Like winning the lottery, only tastier.

I'm bringing a King Kringle into work.  I used to bring a King Cake, but it wasn't the traditional recipe - just a layer cake with a plastic baby baked in.  The Kringle isn't traditional either, but it's slightly more tasty and I don't have to worry about anyone swallowing the baby since they just provide the baby and some beads on the side for decoration.

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'm bringing a King Kringle into work.  I used to bring a King Cake, but it wasn't the traditional recipe - just a layer cake with a plastic baby baked in.  The Kringle isn't traditional either, but it's slightly more tasty and I don't have to worry about anyone swallowing the baby since they just provide the baby and some beads on the side for decoration.

What language is this?   :) 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Someone else at work brought in a more traditional King Cake with the plastic baby baked inside.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the baby, so someone else at work is going to get the year of good luck, but I had a nice piece of cake, so that's something.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Wilbur said:

What language is this?   :) 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_cake

A king cake (sometimes shown as kingcake, kings' cake, king's cake, or three kings' cake) is a type of cake associated in a number of countries with the festival of Epiphany at the end of the Christmas season; in other places, it is associated with the pre-Lenten celebrations of Mardi Gras/Carnival.

What started out roughly 300 years ago as a dry French bread–type dough with sugar on top and a bean inside now comes in many varieties depending on the country. Some king cakes are made of a sweet brioche dough in the shape of a hollow circle with a glazed topping sprinkled with colored sugar. Hundreds of thousands of king cakes are eaten in New Orleans during the Carnival season. In other countries, king cakes are made with a puff pastry, filled with one of several fillings (e.g., almond, apple, chocolate/pear, etc.), and have a small figurine, called a fève, hidden inside. The figurine changes from bakery to bakery and can have a variety of themes. The person who gets the piece of cake with the fève has various privileges and obligations

• Heart 1

I spent the first portion of Fat Tuesday on a 3 hour commute.  Most of that was spent in one place on the highway.  As far as celebrating, I have had 2 half paczkis.  One custard filled with chocolate icing and one strawberry jelly filled with powdered sugar.  I liked the first one best.

I purchased doughnuts for our break...from the LGS by work...the check out lady had to ring it up 4 times to actually get it right :wacko:  And move each doughnut in the box...because she had to see them to count them :wacko:  I wish I went by a good doughnut shop or bakery on my way to work...I will not buy Dunkin Donuts ...no way they are nasty.

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

Someone else at work brought in a more traditional King Cake with the plastic baby baked inside.  Unfortunately, I didn't get the baby, so someone else at work is going to get the year of good luck, but I had a nice piece of cake, so that's something.

I hope the cake to people ratio was satisfactory!

7 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I purchased doughnuts for our break...from the LGS by work...the check out lady had to ring it up 4 times to actually get it right :wacko:  And move each doughnut in the box...because she had to see them to count them :wacko:  I wish I went by a good doughnut shop or bakery on my way to work...I will not buy Dunkin Donuts ...no way they are nasty.

Krispie Kreme. Not those stale things several days old they stock in the grocery store, but the "Hot" sign illuminated at the store.  Absolute pure sugar bombs that melt in your mouth!

22 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Ugh, no thanks.  I had a cold just before Christmas.  I've coughed up green crap most days since.  Doc said it's just post nasal drip and my lungs were fine, then this. 

I will be dead soon, I hope.

If you have any Ibex or Smartwool, can I have it when you’re gone? 

10 hours ago, petitepedal said:

It has been 5 days on the new drug...go back to your doc again... You may need an inhaler or prednisone to get over this crap...

It was only 5 days worth of the antibiotic, but still on the syrup ? IDK, the first so-many hours of the day I don't cough much. It gets progressively worse as the day goes on.

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Usually @Kzoo is top of the list for people in line for my stuff.  I used to think he had my best interests at heart, but then he mailed me that envelope with a funny white powder inside.

I thought it was a race to get to your stuff first, and Kzoo was just doing his normal song and dance trying to muddy the picture.

If roadsue can beat him to your place, she gets dibs over him for sure.

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Usually @Kzoo is top of the list for people in line for my stuff.  I used to think he had my best interests at heart, but then he mailed me that envelope with a funny white powder inside.

I can share.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

If roadsue can beat him to your place, she gets dibs over him for sure.

No, those aren't the rules. But as you are the n00b, I understand why you don't know this.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I can share.

No, those aren't the rules. But as you are the n00b, I understand why you don't know this.

I'm also confident that if you two got there at the same time, she'd whip you in a fight.  More likely, you'd just help her load her car with the stuff she wanted.

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm also confident that if you two got there at the same time, she'd whip you in a fight.  More likely, you'd just help her load her car with the stuff she wanted.

I have seen pics of her jackboots and whip.  I am confident I would help her as well.  Why do you think I offered to share so quickly?