Men On Mars, Cure For All Cancers, Cure For The Common Cold, Or...

Razors Edge

Docs in England think they have a cure for AIDS. Which is beyond amazing.

In one old Star Trek movie, they make transparent aluminum. I found out yesterday we have that now. I had no idea. It can stop a 50 cal bullet. When they get better at making it, it should make possible for research subs to go even deeper.

One of things I expect to happen is we do active measures to control global warming. This prob means shooting sea water into the upper atmosphere.

The things in the OP will all take time. Going to Mars is a big hairy deal. We really need to create an international NASA. It's simply too expensive for any one country to do the really big projects.

Cancer is a family of diseases, we're making progress, but it's not fast. The cold and the flu change every year, it's a moving target. Our goal there is to limit the damage.

So, "none of the above" is the prevailing answer here - except Wilbur's cancer one?  And that one will be controlled or suppressed by Big Pharma.

Keep in mind, it wasn't "in your lifetime", so you can try to think a bit further out than a decade or two.