So anyway, political or not, the Stephon Clark demonstrators have shut down East Sac (where I live)

Page Turner

...it's just about 10 pm, and the cops got bored. They announced several times an order to disperse, and there were 20 or 30 people still remaining. They've herded them all down 51st street, over in the T street neighborhood, and are now in the process of arresting all of them.

Apparently there was some guy who showed up in a MAGA hat, "just to see what would happen", and he got threatened or roughed up, or something.  Anyway, there's like 80 or a hundred cops now, arresting about 20-30 of the die-hards.

!0 pm is bedtime for a lot of us in Sacramento. :)

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

It's always something there. 

...they arrested the Bee reporter who was covering it along with everyone else who did not "disperse" when so ordered.  :) The guy was a jerk, so this makes me very happy.  The mayor is already making noise about how this was unfair.:mellow: How about not being able to make a late night run over to my neighborhood Trader Joe's  for a chocolate cake with dark chocolate fudge icing for unfair ? :angry:

If you're really interested in curbing and curtailing police violence, this particular kid is the wrong hill to die on.

• Awesome 1

Sure seems P&R-ish.  Any chance it turns ugly?  

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

If you're really interested in curbing and curtailing police violence, this particular kid is the wrong hill to die on.

What's truly frightening is that there are almost countless "kids" to use as rallying points.  It seems like just yesterday where tazing folks was considered "bad".