Secretarial Follies - Edition XII

Dirtyhip

Always keep old emails.  

I booked someone's travel to Chicago.  She picked a Delta flight.  She wanted Alaska, but the timing was terrible.  I discussed booking Delta for her and she approved it in December.  I sent her a flight change that the airline sent me.  She replies back..."I really want to keep the Alaska flight."

WTF!?!  I went to my archive and sent her the email from December where she told me to book Delta.  

Fuckers.  They do this shit to me all the time.  They forget details and act like they don't know what I am talking about.  It makes me think I am losing my mind, until I find the email chain.  It feels good to forward the proof and past conversations.

Always CYA.

• Heart 4

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I do the same, it’s saved my ass more than once.

They drive me crazy.  I will type up something for them.  Then, three months later, they ask for the same item again.  They make you think you are losing your mind.  Often the item they lost is sitting in their office under piles of crap.  It irks me that they are so forgetful and irresponsible.  I never wanted to have kids, but somehow I ended up with 23 of them.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

They drive me crazy.  I will type up something for them.  Then, three months later, they ask for the same item again.  They make you think you are losing your mind.  Often the item they lost is sitting in their office under piles of crap.  It irks me that they are so forgetful and irresponsible.  I never wanted to have kids, but somehow I ended up with 23 of them.

I generally deal with senior leaders and have to make decisions with significant financial impact....  Having the email trail is crucial when 4 months later the CFO is screaming about a purchase he had prior knowledge of and approved.  

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I generally deal with senior leaders and have to make decisions with significant financial impact....  Having the email trail is crucial when 4 months later the CFO is screaming about a purchase he had prior knowledge of and approved.  

Exactly.  

24 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Hmm, my secretaries just know to keep stuff I will want again, is this wrong?

Here is another scenario.  A person needs to go to a conference.  I type up the authorization and include flight options.  I give them, the form.  They take the form and I don't hear anything more from them.  A month passes and they ask where their flight and hotel reservation info is.  Ummm...You have no flight or room, because you never responded to me.   

If they walk off with docs, I assume they are adults and will follow through.  This is their travel, not mine.  They have very specific times, dates, etc.  They must decide.

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Here is another scenario.  A person needs to go to a conference.  I type up the authorization and include flight options.  I give them, the form.  They take the form and I don't hear anything more from them.  A month passes and they ask where their flight and hotel reservation info is.  Ummm...You have no flight or room, because you never responded to me.   

If they walk off with docs, I assume they are adults and will follow through.  This is their travel, not mine.  They have very specific times, dates, etc.  They must decide.

Spoiled.... I have held senior management positions for decades and booked my own travel always. Mainly because I establish my own itinerary...

To be honest I cut loose my one and only Secretary I inherited as I just didn’t need her.  I do all of my administrative work.