I do not want my sister to attend my memorial service

AirwickWithCheese

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Best way to do that is let her pass first. 

I don't know. I wish her well but I do not want reconciliation on any level. There's a chance she would attend with MomCheese and so I must legally prohibit the chance while I still can. 

You may attend Aire although I know you will be too busy.   :(

I heard that she was going to lead the procession to the cemetery in the Mustang - with MomCheese smoking her Marlboros in the passenger seat.  You lying peacefully in the hearse behind and her in the Mustang with a smile on her face.  That's what I heard...

You should attempt reconciliation.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I don't know. I wish her well but I do not want reconciliation on any level. There's a chance she would attend with MomCheese and so I must legally prohibit the chance while I still can. 

You may attend Aire although I know you will be too busy.   :(

I will attend but you will surely outlive me.  Put in your will that she gets nothing from your estate and may not attend. 

• Heart 1

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

You are mean, Wilbur, and will miss me. You may attend, although again I know you can't be bothered, please have WOWilbur wear a modest black dress with beautiful pearls. 

I was asking for Neil.  He will do almost anybody but I really want him there to perform "Old Man".  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I heard that she was going to lead the procession to the cemetery in the Mustang - with MomCheese smoking her Marlboros in the passenger seat.  You lying peacefully in the hearse behind and her in the Mustang with a smile on her face.  That's what I heard...

You should attempt reconciliation.

Who knew that they made hearse trailers?

Image result for mustang pulling a uhaul

• Haha 1
  • Envious 1

16 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I don't know. I wish her well but I do not want reconciliation on any level.

...I recall similar squabbles among my Bubbie's siblings.  As  little kid, I needed a scorecard to follow who was and was not speaking to whom. :( Now that I think about it, that might be how I ended up in California, 3,000 miles away from most of the insanity.  But there was one sister (who was meaner than Satan's snake), here, in San Francisco.  Still it cut down on the confusion by reducing the numbers.

• Awesome 1

Just now, Page Turner said:

...I recall similar squabbles among my Bubbie's siblings.  As  little kid, I needed a scorecard to follow who was and was not speaking to whom. :( 

I know you won't attend Page. You never gave me a bicycle. When your opportunity is lost, I hope it makes you sad. 

I will rest very close to the school that was named for Wade Hampton III. I picked the oldest section, a spot that has been mostly forgotten. 

I hope a Carolina wren family lives close by and will sing to me all day. I do not wish to have visitors or have any non-Greenvillians resting nearby. 

6 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I will rest very close to the school that was named for Wade Hampton III. I picked the oldest section, a spot that has been mostly forgotten. 

I hope a Carolina wren family lives close by and will sing to me all day. I do not wish to have visitors or have any non-Greenvillians resting nearby. 

I think there should be really good food at a service.  The cold cut tray was a thing for the funerals I went to as a child.  Also present often was the jello/cool whip salad.  I don’t think this is appropriate these days  

There should be several flavors of zima, and the dishes should be spectacular enough to tempt the deceased to reanimate. 

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

19+Sad+Hill.jpg

43 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You could send me Cheese’s bike.  I will put a basket and streamers on it.  I would use the basket primarily to transport picnic items. 

...I have no bicycles suitable for streamers and a basket.   I can get you one cheap over at the bike co-op here, though. :) They have a red Dunelt 3 Speed that is identical to the one I had as a kid. It's a 21" frame.

I am sorry she's behaved in a way that makes you feel this.  She's missing out on a good brother.

I will be spending eternity next to my wild sister (on my left) and some stranger on my right.  My parents bought us all plots at a small country cemetery in the Catskills.  There is a good field nearby for picnics.  After you visit my grave, you should go to Ted's for a hot turkey sandwich.

• Heart 1

The only conversation I've had about my demise with the sister - 9 years younger than me and probably still around when I pass away - is that if there's no hope of a non-painful, non-high-stess existence if something awful happens, pull the plug.  I'd rather my nephews blow their inheritance and stimulate the economy.

Just now, MickinMD said:

The only conversation I've had about my demise with the sister - 9 years younger than me and probably still around when I pass away - is that if there's no hope of a non-painful, non-high-stess existence if something awful happens, pull the plug.  I'd rather my nephews blow their inheritance and stimulate the economy.

That will only happen if you have a living will.  Your sister can't make that determination for you at the time unless you have done something to make that happen.

• Heart 1

21 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

It is the plot right next to your sister.  At least that is what she was saying.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You are taking my demise quite lightly Miss Kirby.    :(

Not in the least.  I am very sad that you have to make these sorts of contingency plans.  But I am also sharing some background from my own family history.  When we buried my Dad, the family all went to Ted's afterwards for Hot Turkey Sandwiches (although a few of the cousins had the hot roast beef sandwiches).  This longstanding  tradition brought some comfort and nice memories of childhood to a very sad day.   I hope everyone has a similar chance to recall happy memories of the past during times of loss.

teds.jpg

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I hope everyone has a similar chance to recall happy memories of the past during times of loss.

...I certainly did. When I flew back to D.C. to bury my mom at Arlington (with my father), I got stuck in traffic on the Memorial Bridge immediately afterward.  Boy, let me tell you that brought back some memories. :)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

When I'm dead, my body will be just what the Klingons said a dead body was when humans on Captain Picard's Starship Enterprise became the first to witness the Klingons death ritual.  After they all howled into the air - to warn the afterlife that a Klingon warrior was coming to join them, they dropped the body on the ground and walked away. When Captain Picard asked what they wanted done with the body, they replied something like, "Do with it as you wish. It is now nothing more than an empty shell."

When I'm gone I don't care if they tan my hide and use it as a pinata. Actually I requested that a party be thrown on one of the Baltimore-Annapolis party-cruise boats and that, when no one in authority is looking, my relatives pour my cremated ashes into the Chesapeake Bay to provide nutrients for the future crabs, rockfish, etc. that brought me so much pleasure in catching and eating them.

• Heart 1