Let’s tour

Zealot

18 hours ago, dennis said:

Planning stages now. Where are you heading Zealot?

stqJAHvLE7dfnXJfu4a3A2j_Bkqhyif56VnHQLTxMXCoYd2jZP5SlmZlONooN6P2E52PpSUtFb0BGiiuGaKXSqYr6F3AzlpVcq3emsU0W2a76Ml2VZ81svilFZUe1dKlc0SLwYvoVjY4N6GgA_rc-ck7jX98rCPQNnbWRH7MeX9sXhtO4eszuL71_9VqYPrx1oKvjBibl0DfDDs0Vhwta8Og-re0OuncWIfpV5nUD2p5_XRPEhLU9Qbs-BbbNvQDVYQTZetcA2xwRtUZuuwKyMdgV_Z5r2t1I4nhSiBzEiz7dBH34XfWV-EK8WOfq3H1xL6eWrHL3FB_3DscjqnbmJPLwpio-PycOmUn_LZTwuvDo0SkYo0T8AWAfxSU-Y3F79mID5KtaeIEagvQWWn7JJV1dSJq4IBn_dwFBBMpI6Nc0QyiWY-pXS5wseXeMc0U0ZnLMfWQgsNXm_uEZxrLzfiCf-TQryZpsUla4X6RHzo4MMfGq-5T0C4LRz7BIacQG9ECiibPLBAOh-n6yefcCC76WzOLJ_4KvP1Z8kHrLwLF-4pf7Gzn8sOP4FwfitVIgtvshljc2Q6UbXsVVjG5qhqVe2sVN0EFMSSCEnbpY8nlw9jWmVEK344tq1nwloLxwyZGnZvw4K1ESaqmZkQ1JWDHLo662CE=w1081-h608-no

End goal - Trans America: Yorktown, VA to Astoria, OR.  This summer, Blue Ridge Pkwy / Skyline Dr.  next Spring (or this fall) Erie, PA to Brockton, NY then south to DC. 

You?

34 minutes ago, Zealot said:

Again?  Do it last year?

It will be my 9th time. Petite did it with me last year.

Once I retire, I plan on expanding my horizons by doing things like the Erie Canal, C&O, and other rails-to-trails. I just bought this bike for such rides.

I've adjusted the saddle and handlebars since I took that photo.

Breezer Doppler Team (1) small.jpg

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

It will be my 9th time. Petite did it with me last year.

Once I retire, I plan on expanding my horizons by doing things like the Erie Canal, C&O, and other rails-to-trails. I just bought this bike for such rides.

I've adjusted the saddle and handlebars since I took that photo.

Breezer Doppler Team (1) small.jpg

9 times? Must be a good ride!  I’ll have to put it in my list.

Awesome Breezer!  Perfect for the rides!

48 minutes ago, Zealot said:

That’s great! What kind of distance did he go with you?

He went on trail rides with my wife and her older sister. They limited the mileage to about  dozen miles. Tazz was gone by the time I motorized their bikes. He would have rode all day, he loved it.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Zealot said:

9 times? Must be a good ride!  I’ll have to put it in my list.

Awesome Breezer!  Perfect for the rides!

Here's the web site for the ride. Every year it switches directions. This year we start near KC and ride east. It's the easier way as it's somewhat downhill and usually has a tail wind.

https://mostateparks.com/2019ktride

1 minute ago, JerrySTL said:

Here's the web site for the ride. Every year it switches directions. This year we start near KC and ride east. It's the easier way as it's somewhat downhill and usually has a tail wind.

https://mostateparks.com/2019ktride

Looks cool!ever thought about doing it on your own and bikepacking it?  That’s how I think I’d prefer it. 

5 hours ago, Zealot said:

End goal - Trans America: Yorktown, VA to Astoria, OR.  This summer, Blue Ridge Pkwy / Skyline Dr.  next Spring (or this fall) Erie, PA to Brockton, NY then south to DC. 

You?

Plans are being made. Nothing set in stone yet. Utah, Idaho, other places maybe. We still have a lot of snow. Another storm started today and should last until Sat. Probably a foot of fresh powder today. 

uW2-SYNc98hEdnXso5ygu7H4zMT1fUCM4qJR4_b_Lx1Z0RDbwjDJ2Hqpw-ArXdWDabZHIDAnQ54DvtS3dnd5aXHrjBBSzPW8gM-RXxuSZeTzKIdAO1H96ovsKVR_34_RsFlTGgk5oFYQpTvzE5m2uI0W4MIgukUzz87HyVDPSUL96vNGDdO501sIQWmJSQ82gXtru4wBaLF9WLfqB-sqa1yYZ9una_r4L4PBEfoZPTgxbPWwTbW9nzs1JZVfQFRyBxwnzfy_nokGOP_8gJ-yAteRBLQZm8IybFNKEpskq3qTAYFwcjtGr3nwDdx4F6hw-x1QAtYXYyfan0dE7uu20ktEQRGiH7TWAwYL3-89nmJu82_rA4S_FGJixZWtkvAGOTMsqVbr2vSXre1YIVkF7KK7G1QAdl-0WMCZRkePzAINrnSuHaDtUP-G1y-GCsy83UAJGT01o8AaNZDFauqfbUnQd1Ha6-Y749APkYYKWYZjGZ8kik4GGHRR8VfLTRa-oKDGbNdYLvDWDY4fdvMfGHsfXGmuh8d8JTYPGdtMPkilxXl2flwcK6L-g8zAROpbZtrtzEw_HgImDZ_AzFQjlZquUZPDRa2l3vzVgTo1x5dp-jxMcPtKBMDjJ7KUy7Pfq0n8rQLn44iYHavlyMJqfupUME0F8YQ=w370-h657-no