Shot # 2 tomorrow

petitepedal

I had pneumonia shot #2 a couple hours ago. Would have to get the shingles shot at Walgreens. Mentioned the pneumonia shot to the nurse as doing the initial workup and "We don't do those here" and even confirmed talking talking about pneumonia, not shingles. Not certain if had been 6 mo or a year asked her to look in my record and she saw that was given the first one a year ago...now do. Still insisted they do't do them. Mentioned it to the doctor when he came in and he was even puzzled we had that conversation as he was going to order it anyway. After he left, the nurse came back in and game the shot...that they don't do here. ?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I had my shingles shot last year.

I got it and my 2nd pneumonia shot and my annual flu shot within a couple of my every-three-month doctor visits to follow up on my diabetes blood tests.

I got two of them on the same day, one in each arm, and muscles around both shoulders were sore for two days.

Don't get two vaccinations on the same day if you can avoid extra charges!

24 minutes ago, 12string said:

Nurse had to stick me 3 times yesterday to get the IV going.  I felt bad that she felt bad, I know I have difficult veins.

Around here they only allow them to try twice and then they have to go find someone that knows what they are doing. It has been a week and a half and you can still see the failed attempts on my wife’s arm.BB0114F0-C031-4EFC-803D-EE4068793890.thumb.jpeg.6d477f5945d2e4771e48feaa5dfd4d6f.jpeg

2 hours ago, 12string said:

Nurse had to stick me 3 times yesterday to get the IV going.  I felt bad that she felt bad, I know I have difficult veins.

When I went in for the fasting labs last week they had a student working in the labs. The regular technician was present and asked permission for the student to pull and since I have easy veins to find, granted permission.  Told them they could probably do it blindfolded, but prefer that they didn't. ? That cracked both of them up. 

11 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Well...I still have itch where the Shingles were...some days more than others..Thankfully no pain..but Yeah itch...March 25 marks 1 year...

Wow!  Sorry to hear that.  Have you been back to the doc? I don’t think that’s normal.

18 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I had the shingles shot 4 years ago. Evidently there's a better shot out now.

I got the first shingles shot at 60yo.  I went to Walgreen's a couple of months ago to get the second one when they advertised that it was available.  WofTY is #200+ on the list.  I'm #400+.  

10 hours ago, petitepedal said:

:dontknow:  It is nasty.. I have a friend...younger than me..her rash was on her head and a year earlier than mine...she still has itch/pain she calls it her Harry Potter mark..her husband..meh very little and gone...Several residents say it lasts for years :runcirclsmiley:

My brother is at 10 years and counting with his shingles pain.  No visible sign but it's hard for him to wear a short because the nerves across his back are very, very sensitive.