Flooring issues

petitepedal

So..discovered shortly after I did my floors..the company was bought out by another manufacturer and the product has an issue...it doesn't stay locked in end to end...it does in most places but..in a few places it has separated..by my door maybe 1/8 of an inch..other places usually less...they have come back and glued some of them...some have stayed put others have not...

So..do I deal with the issue of re-doing the floor..or have them come and glue it and possibly a different fix at the end of run...  I don't know if I want the hassle of packing up dishes and books...and paying to move my clock :wacko:  I am gonna check and see if the company is offering any $$$$ for the issues...like money back on the product...

What are your suggestions? :dontknow:

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

So..discovered shortly after I did my floors..the company was bought out by another manufacturer and the product has an issue...it doesn't stay locked in end to end...it does in most places but..in a few places it has separated..by my door maybe 1/8 of an inch..other places usually less...they have come back and glued some of them...some have stayed put others have not...

So..do I deal with the issue of re-doing the floor..or have them come and glue it and possibly a different fix at the end of run...  I don't know if I want the hassle of packing up dishes and books...and paying to move my clock :wacko:  I am gonna check and see if the company is offering any $$$$ for the issues...like money back on the product...

Move?

...to Hawaii.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I can offer suggestions but we have a flooring professional on staff at SWCF.  I await his input.  Flooring material and photos will be a big help. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I can offer suggestions but we have a flooring professional on staff at SWCF.  I await his input.  Flooring material and photos will be a big help. :) 

He's pretty busy planning his funeral - working on the guest list and all.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I've seen this before. Usually following a bankruptcy. The court normally allows a payout of cash for warranty purposes.

Or if they were bought out in a corporate takeover, the acquiring company assumed the liabilities.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I've seen this before. Usually following a bankruptcy. The court normally allows a payout of cash for warranty purposes.

Yeah, talk to GM owners about that one...

It depends on wether the purchasing company is buying the business or just the assets.  And, if just the assets, the purchasing company has to factor in what they think the good-will of the existing customer base is worth - if they want to honor warranty or return claims (see the new owners of Performance Bike).  You can buy the name as an asset and not assume the liabilities of the previous company (See GM) 

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

You didn't listen last time but I will try again. Ask for complete refund while you can. Bring in BBB and just be a pain. 

If you get lucky and they do write you a check, no more laminate. 

Bruce pre-finished floor on closeouts 3-4 times a year. Make RG come install it for you with my guidance.  

Love,

Cheese

• Awesome 2

Friends of ours purchased recovered flooring for the kitchen in their 200+ year old house.  Cost them about $5K, they did the install themselves.  A year later, it was shrinking and leaving gaps.  They called the supplier whose reply was "Oh, THAT'S where it went".  Apparently it skipped the kiln.  Company sent them a whole new shipment, plus $10K for removal and installation.  They decided it was too much work and the gaps made it look more authentic anyway.  So we now have a gorgeous recovered pine floor in our bedroom.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 12string said:

Friends of ours purchased recovered flooring for the kitchen in their 200+ year old house.  Cost them about $5K, they did the install themselves.  A year later, it was shrinking and leaving gaps.  They called the supplier whose reply was "Oh, THAT'S where it went".  Apparently it skipped the kiln.  Company sent them a whole new shipment, plus $10K for removal and installation.  They decided it was too much work and the gaps made it look more authentic anyway.  So we now have a gorgeous recovered pine floor in our bedroom.

That badly leaks air?

probably not.