Two Years Gone

ChrisL

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

And I’m still embroiled in BS from the job from hell.  

Looks like another lawsuit and the attorneys need to talk to me as I’m named in the complaint.  Im not named as a defendant tho, just the company.

sub poena?  If not, screw em.

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Be careful. You will say something and then your ex company will try to bring suit against you. 

Great point.  I was in a similar position when I was interviewed for a legal proceeding where the principal of the school in which I taught was being sued by a sports coach who had been fired.  I had to tell the truth while doing all I could not to shoot-down the principal and every time a question reached a gray area where I honestly didn't know much about I simply said, "I don't know," or when asked what my opinion was, I said "I don't know enough about it to have formed an opinion," or "That was between the coach and the administration and I wasn't involved or informed in any way."

The school system in which I taught compelled me to be interviewed, but you don't have to do so. I would have declined if I had the option: I didn't know enough to save the coach's job and I could put myself on the outs with my boss.  If you do the interview, be as vague as possible and do not pass on information you learned from a secondary source - something someone told you about the situation you didn't witness yourself.

• Heart 1

I got a call from an att. last year. WC case that happened two years before that. IIRC the alleged incident happened at night, to a contractor of ours. Wasn't reported right away. I had left the site before we were notified and before the investigation began. I told the att. that I didn't know much, and I wasn't interested in going to HOU or even downtown ATL for a deposition.

I sent them a copy of everything I had & it went away 

There are numerous complaints and I was really only involved in one part of one complaint.   This firm actually is an industry go to and this attorney actually represented me and the firm I was working for at the time.  Odd that I got this guy again as they have several attorneys on staff.

I’ll talk to him, I really don’t have much to contribute.

Just now, ChrisL said:

There are numerous complaints and I was really only involved in one part of one complaint.   This firm actually is an industry go to and this attorney actually represented me and the firm I was working for at the time.  Odd that I got this guy again as they have several attorneys on staff.

I’ll talk to him, I really don’t have much to contribute.

Are there any hotties in all of this??? Besides you, of course.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Are there any hotties in all of this??? Besides you, of course.

In had several meetings with them prior to some depositions many years ago and there were numerous smoking hot paralegals and support staff.  Seemed they had a profile.

Too bad they are just scheduling a call.