4 to 12...or more

petitepedal

9 hours ago, dennis said:

Our latest storm started today and will last through Sat. Keep it coming. It's Fatbike and ski season.

WFSQl-okqIXc1XgZdQhvHti4i0A71wfatVwifTTXlpBqbqc2bZTGDobHiPGnRjFQivXG-5OWsxkzrlXZyBBKPl2kPCNbIjVFCJ60N9suvbuLXKWIO7v8DriEeG_BdYXDNHmmDBzKXhwVMAT5HBtQPdvKqrs6diFGoeR39yowLU_M64ctAiTBIQS11jlT4A3LNrmBfwgB20a6vGztp7G2I09YfM3FEMy9Q_wFGEaTZsmrpsiur9J8sb9rAauJefdEX8YqJ86SW2lRX-S6VZyYqYclWPaEb1KFhRdcqtWG8E0pCNNGT3RFz0wEUIalcOzhOGJozfOWBn_550N4_pRFczLwlP6fncLPJJUnjwesagNYIJ9u42mZ83E-POOI7QiXQb6cwBt2V1-IC5Lk7Yx9RUOHzeko5WU3VqJxH9nDHR_xZjlmCilMln9ySYymZIq3DLn5yF-J_86mHqayIEvQV3ZCc8Kx8xyoCaaCRr60aU6BKqbryyjmD9a0E3pQyL3glDcEWYNlLtc06DuEveMiyCFYsmxoswsY7XqpMOdAvbBB0eOBsR_fzXpjCBIFA_H8VwjfCvhogtKHMCjfF-59i4TPFT6In6LtfyUS9jbxqORXlsqVVwP8V_QfeTcWW3cplwbP1ZSf4aEAVnyuO-1T49bN6CzV34s=w932-h524-no

Tell  you what, I love looking at your pics.  Absolutely love it.  But I am very glad that I am not there right now.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Tell  you what, I love looking at your pics.  Absolutely love it.  But I am very glad that I am not there right now.

It has been an amazing season so far. We still have one month of the lifts running.

SNOWFALL

4” Overnight

6” 24 Hrs

9” 48 Hrs

473” SEASON

19° SUMMIT

• Awesome 1

*writing a final farewell*

...My darling, today we ate the last of our water chestnuts, and now -- though I dread the thought -- we've found a baking dish that is just the right size for Muffy. I'm so glad I got to see you there in San Luis Obispo last fall. I wish you well. I have no regrets. We decided to live in Minnesota because it's a cultural mecca. If we survive until March, we have tickets to see "Death of a Salesman". And the Mozart Requiem. I must go now and chop up the dining room table for fuel. Take care--

https://www.prairiehome.org/story/2007/02/03/winter-script.html

• Haha 1
  • Envious 1

GK: Winter didn't used to be like this. Our hardy ancestors (SWEDISH) would go out into the frigid Arctic wind (BLIZZARD) just to get a newspaper and a tin of chewing tobacco, just to show they could do it. (TR SWEDISH AND SPIT) They might even cut a hole in the ice (SAWING) and take off all their clothes and (TR SWEDISH RESOLVE AND SPLASH OF WATER) dive into the freezing water, just to show they could. And then to keep up their circulation they would whip each other with the branches of trees. (TK AND TR TAKING TURNS, LASHING, REACTING) What's happened to that pioneer spirit? It's mostly gone. Now people sit in their homes and-- (TAPPING ON KEYS)

SS: Hi-- whassup? Cool. LOL. ROFL. ROFLMAO.

...:nodhead:

53 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

GK: Winter didn't used to be like this. Our hardy ancestors (SWEDISH) would go out into the frigid Arctic wind (BLIZZARD) just to get a newspaper and a tin of chewing tobacco, just to show they could do it. (TR SWEDISH AND SPIT) They might even cut a hole in the ice (SAWING) and take off all their clothes and (TR SWEDISH RESOLVE AND SPLASH OF WATER) dive into the freezing water, just to show they could. And then to keep up their circulation they would whip each other with the branches of trees. (TK AND TR TAKING TURNS, LASHING, REACTING) What's happened to that pioneer spirit? It's mostly gone. Now people sit in their homes and-- (TAPPING ON KEYS)

SS: Hi-- whassup? Cool. LOL. ROFL. ROFLMAO.

...:nodhead:

Finns dive in the water (or snow) after having sat in the sauna for a while.  Crazy Swedes! 

I don't understand  people who sit in their homes all winter. Get out there and enjoy that brisk fresh air! I do loves me some brisk fresh air! Must be the Finn in me.  ;) 

• Heart 1

We finally broke a little above 30F today after a couple cold days. Our "normal" high is 50F now.

I walked the dog Tuesday in the cold and wind for a couple miles and the hills were tougher, the breathing heavier and my calves are still sore now on Thurs. from almost constantly holding Jake back - the 80 lb. puppy is almost always excited and tugging on the leash and I was walking a little slower than normal.

We're supposed to hit 48F Saturday, so that's the next dog walk. Highs are forecast in the 50's most of next week and, unless some other duty pops-up, I'm going for an easy bike ride once or twice next week to see how my shoulder, hip, and legs respond as I slowly work myself back into shape.  Hope this good year for my connective tissues continues!

• Heart 1