Well, finally.

tybeegb

At this point I would ask for PT on the hip. It's not just the big muscles, the little muscles that protect you need work, and you risk injury just jumping into your routine before they're up to the job of protecting you.

Pay attention to your back as well.  Learn some routines to make the back stronger and to relax the muscles a bit.  Asymmetric walking on a crutch or with a limp can create stress in the back that can be as bad as the original injury.  I know this from personal observation.

They tapered you down to just one crutch. I had the whole three months with zero weight on my leg and then they removed all restrictions. They told me to go back to work, ride my bike, run, whatever I want to do. I asked if I could have a week to re-learn how to walk. They said I didn’t need it, you never forget how to walk, it’s just like riding a bike. I had no physical therapy either. I did work on flexibility on my own in the therapy pool.

Be careful on the bike, that hip will continue to get stronger for about a year.

And another thing.  When I got on the island bike (which has a road bike seat on it), my butt has also lost its "fitness".  That was a shock.  I rode the mile and a half to the 'Y', worked upper body, and decided to ride to the south end of the island to get the sit-bones back in shape.  Only about 7 miles total but it's a start.  

Thanks for the tips, but I think I'm good to go with the exercises I do.  PT was an option but I can cause pain to myself as good as they can.  Since I don't have big muscles, I do pay attention to the little muscles, those are the first to let loose under strain.  I speak from experience.  

Annndddd, since I rode to the south end and back without too much trouble, WofTy has cleared me to do my Friday "walk-about" to get back into the groove.  Of course having abstained for three months it might not take too many stops to do me in.  

• Heart 1