So tell me how you really feel about...

Kzoo

... daylight saving time.

I believe it is the best invention since sliced bread - maybe even better than that.

And if you're one of these...

"If a basketball game goes into overtime one Saturday night, I’m fine with staying up later to watch it. Or if I feel like I can squeeze in one more Netflix episode before bed than what’s 42 more minutes, but as soon as one hour of sleep is demanded from me by daylight savings I’ll literally act exhausted for the next four months"

I don't want to hear about it.  Post that wimpy "my body can't adjust" crap in someone else's thread.?

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Seems a bit archaic and outdated, so I can see why you would be such a staunch supporter.  I think whatever time it is in Dallas, Texas is what time is should be all over the world.  Nice and easy.  Posted at 10:39 Texas Universal time.

We can agree to some degree.  If TUT never included DST then universally EST would forever be EDT or the equivalent of TUT.

We lose almost 10 hours of daylight.

I really don't want kids going to school when it's pitch black.

So instead of changing DST, let's take the sensible way out and give Texas back to Mexico. Or Argentina.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I think it is a waste of time.

Huh?  For some reason you think that we care what you think.  Strange.  Where did you get that impression?  Wait, don't answer that.  We don't care.

By we I mean jsharr.

2 minutes ago, late said:

We lose almost 10 hours of daylight.

I really don't want kids going to school when it's pitch black.

So instead of changing DST, let's take the sensible way out and give Texas back to Mexico. Or Argentina.

You have the exact same amount of daylight, regardsless of what your human construct decrees.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

You have the exact same amount of daylight, regardsless of what your human construct decrees.

9 hours, 42 minutes.

Still not going to let you have our kids go to school when it's pitch black, kiddo.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

It's such a good idea that the eastern new england states are contemplating moving into the next time zone to the east.

There is a time zone to the east?  Isn't that the ocean?

Living on the western edge of a time zone has it's advantages.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It's such a good idea that the eastern new england states are contemplating moving into the next time zone to the east.

I hadn't heard about that. If we were following the 'rules', a lot of my state would be 4 hours behind the West Coast.

No one is especially keen to give it a try.

5 minutes ago, late said:

9 hours, 42 minutes.

Still not going to let you have our kids go to school when it's pitch black, kiddo.

just change the time you send them.  Let them play when it is light and sleep when it is dark, just as our cave dwelling progenitors did after slithering up out of the mire.

Just now, jsharr said:

just change the time you send them.  Let them play when it is light and sleep when it is dark, just as our cave dwelling progenitors did after slithering up out of the mire.

Long story short, no way in hell.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes there is a time zone to the east.  Yes it's the ocean.  Any other questions?

Nova Scotia is ocean?

Learn something new every day, I guess.

What people like about Maine, the rocky coasts, pretty scenery, great seafood. Nova Scotia does them a little better. Something to put in everyone's vacation to do list.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes there is a time zone to the east.  Yes it's the ocean.  Any other questions?

No intelligent ones.  Wait - are the questions intelligent or just the answers or maybe the answerers...  

#soconfused

Just now, late said:

Nova Scotia is ocean?

What people like about Maine, the rocky coasts, pretty scenery, great seafood. Nova Scotia does them a little better. Something to put in everyone's vacation to do list.

Nova Scotia doesn't count.

• Heart 1

Just now, late said:

Nova Scotia is ocean?

Sorry, I thought we were discussing an American thing.  I neglected the late comers to the discussion.

19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Are you giving him parenting advice?  Ask him about his kids' vaccines while you are at it.

27 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

... daylight saving time.

I believe it is the best invention since sliced bread - maybe even better than that.

And if you're one of these...

"If a basketball game goes into overtime one Saturday night, I’m fine with staying up later to watch it. Or if I feel like I can squeeze in one more Netflix episode before bed than what’s 42 more minutes, but as soon as one hour of sleep is demanded from me by daylight savings I’ll literally act exhausted for the next four months"

I don't want to hear about it.  Post that wimpy "my body can't adjust" crap in someone else's thread.?

As someone who is not a natural early-morning riser - even though I did it for 3 decades as a school teacher - I LOVE Daylight Savings time.  It gives me more flexibility in scheduling outdoor activities.

I would wish it for all-year except that it would mean, in my area, kids walking to school in the dark throughout the Winter.

As a Spring Sports coach, I also loved when DST kicked-in: from 1986 - 2007 which roughly coincides with my high school coaching career, it used to start the 1st Sunday in April.  Before DST I sometimes had to cut softball or track practices short on cloudy days when it became darker early.

Just now, MickinMD said:

As someone who is not a natural early-morning riser - even though I did it for 3 decades as a school teacher - I LOVE Daylight Savings time.  It gives me more flexibility in scheduling outdoor activities.

I would wish it for all-year except that it would mean, in my area, kids walking to school in the dark throughout the Winter.

As a Spring Sports coach, I also loved when DST kicked-in: from 1986 - 2007 which roughly coincides with my high school coaching career, it used to start the 1st Sunday in April.  Before DST I sometimes had to cut softball or track practices short on cloudy days when it became darker early.

This is what I'm talk'n about.

This guy understands.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

This is what I'm talk'n about.

This guy understands.

So, the USA is at the mercy of a bunch or bureaucratic teachers and administrators who are incapable of simply starting and ending the school day at a proper time?  Jeebus.

"It's dark when my kids go to school!" Wah wah wah.  How about, start school at 8 instead of 7 and call it a day. Leave the rest of us out of your inanity!

• Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, the USA is at the mercy of a bunch or bureaucratic teachers and administrators who are incapable of simply starting and ending the school day at a proper time?  Jeebus.

"It's dark when my kids go to school!" Wah wah wah.  How about, start school at 8 instead of 7 and call it a day. Leave the rest of us out of your inanity!

One word..... Teacher's Union.

Teacher's lives matter too

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

Slightly annoying if you have to go to dinner at 5:30 pm in order to get a sunset view, but not “wrong”.

It's like Hawaii just has too much daylight. Too much sunlight. Too much pleasantness.

They ought to share with somewhere other than Southern California!