So tell me how you really feel about...

Kzoo

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

So, the USA is at the mercy of a bunch or bureaucratic teachers and administrators who are incapable of simply starting and ending the school day at a proper time?  Jeebus.

"It's dark when my kids go to school!" Wah wah wah.  How about, start school at 8 instead of 7 and call it a day. Leave the rest of us out of your inanity!

The Amish on my road don’t observe daylight savings time. They are smart enough to adjust their schedule to when it gets light.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Another valid reason (or at least more valid than the rant) is that parents would then need to stay home longer before going to work.  

????

Again, a seeming inflexibility to change or challenge from some folks.  

Maybe you just change when you go to work and move on with life. Why require the people without elementary school age children to adapt? Seem oddly backwards.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

OK, it's gonna cost a BUNDLE to build a bridge from Vermont to New Hampshire!  Or will we just have to take a ferry?

You thinking about Lake Champlain? That's between Vermont and NY, and there are a couple of ferries. A good bike ride would be  around the top half of the lake. You can spend a night on one of the islands if you like. And then take the ferry back to Burlington.

16 minutes ago, late said:

You thinking about Lake Champlain? That's between Vermont and NY, and there are a couple of ferries. A good bike ride would be  around the top half of the lake. You can spend a night on one of the islands if you like. And then take the ferry back to Burlington.

Actually, I think he was being facetious. 

1 hour ago, late said:

There's also already a cool bridge from Vermont to New Hampshire over Quechee Gorge, but it won't reach when New Hampshire moves to another time zone.

(do I have to explain EVERYTHING?!)