MickinMD

Randomguy

“Hey there you young whipper snapper! Did I ever tell you the story of my first ramble? I remember my first ramble. It was back in the summer of sixty-four, or sunny-year-mas as we called summer at the time. Anyway, I was rambling about my hat to Neil Armstrong, who said he had been on the moon but I knew it was fake and they made simulated-y it inna lab or Hollywood somewhere. I was once in a lab/Hollywood. There was this family trip... Oh, anyway, back to the subject -have I ever told you about the many ways people pronounce '/' while talking? Oddly, those people who record them, as in quotes, see, always transcribe- err... write, them '/', even if they're bizzarely not similar, like / or / or / or... I knew another sentence I made that went like that, being "punctuation or punctuation or..." once. Funny how it happened. It was just like this, see...”

Mick, but no Medical Doctor.  I was named after my grandfather and since he was called "Mike" the family decided to call me "Mick."

I'm glad we avoided the confusion. My sister and her husband Brian decided to name their son Ryan.  Maybe that was a deviously clever idea of my sister's, because when she calls one, both answer.

When I was 12, I'd see the commercials on TV for Dupont products that all ended with, "Better things for better living, through chemistry."  Then Cowboys' Quarterback Don Meredith did commercials for Shell Oil and, for example, he explained how "Shell chemists" had developed a solid oily sheet that cut down the time required to oil parts of railroad cars.  I decided I wanted to be a chemist!  My father bought me a chemistry set and I was on my way!

Ten years later, I became the first person on my father's side of our family to graduate from college - with a degree in chemistry and a scholarship to graduate school as IIT. It was the heart of the on-again off-again recessions of the mid 1970's and people who went from B.S. straight to Ph.D degrees were writing to ask for M.S. degrees because Ph.D.'s left them overqualified.  So I decided to leave college with an M.S.

So I'm Mick with no MD except my state, but I am Mick, M.S.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Mick, but no Medical Doctor.  I was named after my grandfather and since he was called "Mike" the family decided to call me "Mick."

I'm glad we avoided the confusion. My sister and her husband Brian decided to name their son Ryan.  Maybe that was a deviously clever idea of my sister's, because when she calls one, both answer.

When I was 12, I'd see the commercials on TV for Dupont products that all ended with, "Better things for better living, through chemistry."  Then Cowboys' Quarterback Don Meredith did commercials for Shell Oil and, for example, he explained how "Shell chemists" had developed a solid oily sheet that cut down the time required to oil parts of railroad cars.  I decided I wanted to be a chemist!  My father bought me a chemistry set and I was on my way!

Ten years later, I became the first person on my father's side of our family to graduate from college - with a degree in chemistry and a scholarship to graduate school as IIT. It was the heart of the on-again off-again recessions of the mid 1970's and people who went from B.S. straight to Ph.D degrees were writing to ask for M.S. degrees because Ph.D.'s left them overqualified.  So I decided to leave college with an M.S.

So I'm Mick with no MD except my state, but I am Mick, M.S.

This is exactly what I would expect a doctor named Mickin to say. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1