Unpleasant surprise

12string

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

My cousin, who is more like my brother was supposed to get a knee replacement today.  A pre-op test or two, he's now in for a triple bypass instead.

prayers if ya got 'em would be appreciated.

Hoping for the best!  One positive is that it may be "catch it early" sort of thing?  My dad and his two brothers have all had some sort of heart work done. My oldest uncle was like a new man at 75+ after his quadruple bypass, so it may be a good thing once all the surgery and recovery is done.

14 minutes ago, 12string said:

My cousin, who is more like my brother was supposed to get a knee replacement today.  A pre-op test or two, he's now in for a triple bypass instead.

prayers if ya got 'em would be appreciated.

Prayers lifted up.  

I'm sorry to hear this, but based on my Dad's experience and that of some friends, that surgery has a great recovery rate and it can make a difference in quality of life - although the recovery period can be hard.

14 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'm sorry to hear this, but based on my Dad's experience and that of some friends, that surgery has a great recovery rate and it can make a difference in quality of life - although the recovery period can be hard.

This, I had a friend go through that, and he's been doing good since then.

Just now, 12string said:

They moved his surgery to tomorrow morning, I guess that's a better sign than what seemed like a rush.  My dad had a triple, it made a huge difference, but, yeah, recovery is awful.

Maybe all the rest will give his knee time to get better.

Prayers. vibes on the way!

The knee problem may have led to a timely discovery - I hope it all turns out ok. In 2017, before I was anesthetized for my rotator cuff operation I had to get an ekg from my primary care physician. I guess your cousin had the same requirement and an alert doctor saw something was wrong.  Way to go doc!

Glad he's OK, better to pay now than pay later  

I had to get cardiologist approval before I had my hip replaced. 

Failed the EKG. Failed the next one. Doc says it looked like I had a heart attack. 

Failed the urgently scheduled stress echo. 

Had a heart cath. Pre-procedure doc lists 4 options:

1. everyhing is fine
  2. minor blockages. Controlled with meds & exercise
  3. blockages requiring stents
  4. Blockage requiring by-pass(es)

I got door #2