The Valley

AirwickWithCheese

I can tell the location by the height of the steeple compared to it's with, the tendency to place 6 windows on building sides, the diameter of the carriage wheels compared to the size of the horse and the style of the bridge. It's definitely on the planet Earth!

Actually, the bridge is very similar to Burnside's Bridge over Antietam Creek at Sharpsburg, Maryland.  During the "bloodiest day in American History," when 12,000 union and 11,000 Confederate casualties occurred, Burnside contributed to the horror when he sent men charging across the bridge again and again, making it easy for the badly outnumbered rebels on the other side to pick them off.  It turned out that Antietam Creek was only a few feet deep and Burnside could have sent thousands of men swarming on a half mile front across it and would have destroyed Lee's army.  When Burnside finally figured it all out, Longstreet's Corps of the Army of Northern Virginia arrived in the nick of time, marching for 24 hours from Harper's Ferry to turn back Burnside's incompetent attack.

Besides a bridge with his name, Burnside was famous for thick growths of hair down the sides of his face to his jaw.  Others copied it and called them "sideburns" - a twist on Burnside's name. True story: you can look it up!

1721625733_AmbroseBurnside1.jpg.c3ca84a17adb2cc75785a6916c660510.jpg

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

If someone like me wanted to try out Greenville, what neighborhood or area would be good?  Ie:  MTB opportunities, etc.

?????????

Property is cheap out there. 

5 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

abraham-hunter-hand-signed-and-numbered-limited-edition-embellished-canvas-giclee-peace-in-the-valley-7.png.871a7ba908c2f4ab9e48f4f328ebfb17.png

I await your answer about Greenville.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Dear Dirtyhip,

I am unaware of any areas of Greenville that would hold your fancy at this time. 

Sincerely,

Cheese

The only thing I found that looks interesting is that Paris Mountain area.  Brassy Ridge to be more specific.  

Maybe it is rare to have a trail system right out of my downtown area.  I can go from my doorstep to the trail via bike and it takes me about 12 minutes.  This includes the slow 4 minute climb up this steep paved area to the trailhead.   Our little trail system is small though.   

This looks like a fun drop

https://www.mtbproject.com/photo/7015527

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Maybe DH doesn't realize just how conservative SC is.. 

Someone has to vote the other way.  I've never been to the Southern part of the US.  Well, I've been to AZ.  That's about my limit.  

Oh, I went to Florida.  That was nice. 

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

I thought it might be for a brief moment, but changed my mind. This saddens me.  Ouchy.

You are going with Wilbur's hateful heart even though you have known me for 9 years and I have a fathead wall poster of your Aruba picture?    :(

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

You and I have Deborah and jrts in common. We are both good people. I am just the Southern version of you.    :)

My HS girlfriend was a lot like the Deborah Foreman character in Valley Girl.  Sweet girl, but she wasn’t gonna wait for me to come back from the Army... 

• Heart 1

19 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I can tell the location by the height of the steeple compared to it's with, the tendency to place 6 windows on building sides, the diameter of the carriage wheels compared to the size of the horse and the style of the bridge. It's definitely on the planet Earth!

Actually, the bridge is very similar to Burnside's Bridge over Antietam Creek at Sharpsburg, Maryland.  During the "bloodiest day in American History," when 12,000 union and 11,000 Confederate casualties occurred, Burnside contributed to the horror when he sent men charging across the bridge again and again, making it easy for the badly outnumbered rebels on the other side to pick them off.  It turned out that Antietam Creek was only a few feet deep and Burnside could have sent thousands of men swarming on a half mile front across it and would have destroyed Lee's army.  When Burnside finally figured it all out, Longstreet's Corps of the Army of Northern Virginia arrived in the nick of time, marching for 24 hours from Harper's Ferry to turn back Burnside's incompetent attack.

Besides a bridge with his name, Burnside was famous for thick growths of hair down the sides of his face to his jaw.  Others copied it and called them "sideburns" - a twist on Burnside's name. True story: you can look it up!

1721625733_AmbroseBurnside1.jpg.c3ca84a17adb2cc75785a6916c660510.jpg

@MickinMD, I would like to learn more about Mutton chops.   

32 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Aruba, Bermuda.....  They are all hedonistic dens of bikinis and sin when you live in Greenville.  

It was Bahamas. How conservative is Greenville? Are there natural food stores? Vegetarian, Thai, Indian and other diverse foods? 

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

It was Bahamas. How conservative is Greenville? Are there natural food stores? Vegetarian, Thai, Indian and other diverse foods? 

No. 

We do not want to encourage such nonsense. We do have a discount Super saver grocery store that buys expired produce from the Whole Foods in Atlanta and Charlotte. 

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

I wonder what the closest town to Paris mountain is.  Need to search zillow

Paris Mountain 1 mile from Cheese and in the heart of Greenville. You need to let this go, it's not for you. However, MomHip might like us. 

Think of us as the Chick Fil A of Anerica filled with beautiful, happy people unconcerned with the rest of you losers, I mean nice folks.  

:)