Wild weekend plans as we "Spring Forward" .......

petitepedal

Okay...having folks over tonight...pre-storm pot luck!! :runcirclsmiley: I am doing some kind of hot tex-mex bean and cheese dip thing.  Looks like we are gonna start getting hit about Noon on Saturday...so I may go out for a bit..(No PBS Cooking Shows :angry:)  From Mid-Day Saturday to about the same on Sunday...I guess we are looking at about 8 inches...which is less than originally expected...south west of here will get 12 or 13 :dontknow:  So no distractions...I think I might Quasimodo my closet...isn't that the latest trend :dontknow:  Got some asparagus...so there might be another pizza in my future...I bring some of the leftovers to my co-worker :cheerleader:

The weatherheads are already talking about next weeks storm :runcirclsmiley: but they are saying it is looking more like rain!

• Heart 1

Tonight, Filipino birthday party, always interesting.  Tomorrow, going to help a friend pack up her house and fix her car, then Sunday early AM take her to the airport.  Sunday, 2 Masses, Hockey.  Might aerate the lawn in between, supposed to be warm and post - rain.  gotta get some work done on the kitchen and restring a guitar or two.

• Heart 1

My dad's 80th birthday is tomorrow. We are going to shoot things in a family and friends charity trap shoot. He thinks it will be just me and my brother. Really there are like 150 people signed up with entry fees to charity.   Should be fu.  There will be much food and merriment. I am smuggling Canadian cheeses to Maryland for this event. 

• Heart 3

BuffCarla invited her family over for dinner Saturday. It costs about $300 to food them. So tonight is the wine store, and tomorrow I'm going to a famous market in search of fixin's for Beef on Weck: Roast Beef au jus, Horseradish and Kimmelwick rolls.

Should be fun. Probably 20-25 people in all. Maybe more.

• Heart 2

43 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

BuffCarla invited her family over for dinner Saturday. It costs about $300 to food them. So tonight is the wine store, and tomorrow I'm going to a famous market in search of fixin's for Beef on Weck: Roast Beef au jus, Horseradish and Kimmelwick rolls.

Should be fun. Probably 20-25 people in all. Maybe more.

They'll really eat $300 worth of Arby's?

Were at a weird point in our lives in that our kids are grown & doing there own thing and WOChrisL and I really don’t know what to do with all of our free time...  

We really have nothing planned, usual weekend chores, ride Saturday, get rained on yet again Sunday, Sunday dinner with family.  Maybe go for a drive and see the wildflowers that are blooming.  

17 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

WOChrisL and I really don’t know what to do with all of our free time...  

Take up motorcycle and sidecar racing. That should suck up all of your free time and a pile of money. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Take up motorcycle and sidecar racing. That should suck up all of your free time and a pile of money. 

My two brothers ride/rode but I didn’t get that gene.  Anyway she keeps asking me to learn how to ride so we can go on weekend moto cruises.

Not gonna happen...

• Sad 1

It's Builder Show weekend!! Whoo hoo!!! Been waiting for this since @Kzoosuggested I build a shed for my trusty steed. Then again we always look forward to the Builder's Show. We'll go tomorrow. After the show, we'll probably go to Camp to see how things are going. I'll probably throw seeds for my bird friends. Should be a good day!

Builder's Show

Sunday we'll be shoveling 3-5" of wet, heavy snow. blech.

Tomorrow is the twin granddudes two year birthday party and also my 11 year old amazing granddaughter’s birthday party. They are sharing a party this year. Their birthday was a couple weeks ago but my son was holding back on the party hoping my wife would be up to going to the party. She is not going to be able to go so I will have to take lots of pictures. I need to get the grandkids over here to see her again. My wife hasn’t been able to visit her mom in over a month, I should go visit her on Sunday and let her mom FaceTime with my wife. Getting old has it’s challenges.

• Heart 1