So lately I';ve been digging through old Garbage

Ralphie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, dennis said:

Butch owned Smart Studios in Madison as well as Boat Records. Butch and Doug were in Spooner, then Fire Town, then Garbage. Butch produced a lot of records in the 80s and 90s. Maybe he still does.

Sorry, I had to cheat!  Not too shabby, #9!

https://www.nme.com/list/50-of-the-greatest-producers-ever-1353

9 Butch Vig

Thought ‘Nevermind’ was a bit good? You’ve got this behind-the-scenes genius to thank. Garbage’s drummer was the driving force behind many of the best grunge and alt rock albums of the early nineties, including The Smashing Pumpkins’ ‘Gish’, and Sonic Youth’s ‘Dirty’. TC

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Sorry, I had to cheat!  Not too shabby, #9!

https://www.nme.com/list/50-of-the-greatest-producers-ever-1353

9 Butch Vig

Thought ‘Nevermind’ was a bit good? You’ve got this behind-the-scenes genius to thank. Garbage’s drummer was the driving force behind many of the best grunge and alt rock albums of the early nineties, including The Smashing Pumpkins’ ‘Gish’, and Sonic Youth’s ‘Dirty’. TC

A friend of mine was in a band in the 80s. They recorded at Smart and Butch was the producer. They said he was a perfectionist. Nirvana went to Pachyderm for their next album. They wanted it to sound more raw and less perfect. 

5 hours ago, dennis said:

A friend of mine was in a band in the 80s. They recorded at Smart and Butch was the producer. They said he was a perfectionist. Nirvana went to Pachyderm for their next album. They wanted it to sound more raw and less perfect. 

I thought Smells Like Teen Spirit was pretty darn raw!

• Awesome 1