Come over to P & R. We are serving wienies and naan bread

Dirtyhip

Being ethnic conscious is not being political at all.  Some of us live it ...forever.  There's no choice unless I have surgery. 

So I'm staying here @the Cafe, with my savoury steam beef and egg dish, stir fried asparagus with noodles for tonight.  I hope people will stay with my steamed dish. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

Being ethnic conscious is not being political at all.  Some of us live it ...forever.  There's no choice unless I have surgery. 

So I'm staying here @the Cafe, with my savoury steam beef and egg dish, stir fried asparagus with noodles for tonight.  I hope people will stay with my steamed dish. 

Shootingstar is like the voice of the master in Kung Fu.  

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

What are you talking about?  What does ethnic conscious have to do with the rice of biscuits?  

95 percent of the stuff you post threads about are of a political nature.  You would fit right in there.  I don't read racially charged comments, if that is what you mean.

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

What are you talking about?  What does ethnic conscious have to do with the rice of biscuits?  

95 percent of the stuff you post threads about are of a political nature.  You would fit right in there.  I don't read racially charged comments, if that is what you mean.

Sorry to extrapolate.

I don't think the stuff I post is political often at all.  Yesterday was about birth order, today about generational differences/or similarities.  Be careful. Randomguy does do some political jokey stuff to start dialogues too. I don't mind 'cause I just choose to pay attention, sometimes not.

Time to vaccum. Maybe buy matcha tea...there's a deal down the road.

• Heart 1

Food, interracial love and sex, my niece's latest rom-com book:

She does know math enough....she was a geotechnical/mining engineer before she left the profession to write  Hence, the math jokes in romance book. She features some heroines with STEM job roles. Actually the real book cover is pretty sexy hot. Below is just marketing.

image.png.92d76752444b767d3bb1d0209fec7ab4.png

• Heart 1

Do you guys have Dine Around?

We bought a Dine Around card today. Usually it's 5 bucks off the second lunch, 10 off dinner. We never go to dinner. There's also coupons, free guac with your Mexican lunch, that sort of thing. Some years are a lot better than others. If they are nervous, they are more likely to participate. I don't know that this has a larger relevance, but this is a really good year for Dine Around.

Anyway...

I've been sitting here reading about all the restaurants, and getting hungry as heck. Had a good dinner, too, we had a stew made from the neck portion of a cow. That's a new one for us. If you ever get neck, buy a lot, there was more bone in there than I realised.

So I am sitting here, hungry, wondering what to eat, when the OP starts talking about naan. I've been combining TJs naan with TJs garlic hummus. While I don't have naan at the moment, I do have cranberry english muffin bread from a local bakery. And I have an unopened package of garlic hummus...

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

It would take a lot more than naan bread and wienies to get me in that den of iniquity!

Now that's really unfair as there's a lot of very nice people over there. There's me and..........and.........erm.....and other very nice people.

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, jsharr said:

Can we talk guns?  Ryan and I shot today. 

We can talk about anything ,jsharr. This is a place to be yourself or not, forget your troubles or not, take on new personas or not, and live life.  What kind of gun did you and your boy fire? And how much are you getting charged to go out to the range??

19 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I would post over there but the whole ask for permission to post thing turns me off.

Do we need the OK to post at any time or to start a thread?  Almost seems like too much bother.

Yes.  I am on record that two passwords to post is seriously stupid and not thought out at all.  This is still true, and guarantees  that all threads start here in the cafe, or lounge, or bar-hole, which I gather is not the intent.  If the result and intent are different, shouldn't someone change that stupid policy?

• Whatever 1

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yes.  I am on record that two passwords to post is seriously stupid and not thought out at all.  This is still true, and guarantees  that all threads start here in the cafe, or lounge, or bar-hole, which I gather is not the intent.  If the result and intent are different, shouldn't someone change that stupid policy?

You of course are wrong, as you often are.  Just blurting something out with force and vigor does not make it true, try as you might.

This is very well thought out, and has worked splendidly.

That section is password protected so as not to show up in general searches, including Google searches.  It does not show up if you the the Unread Content link, unless you are logged in.  This works for the people who would choose not to frequent that section.

Having to ask for permission to post there is one of the best things I've done on the site, best things for me.  Most people pop in, leave for a while, then come back.  Some like to cause trouble while they are here.  Some think of P&R as a free for all where they can do and say whatever they want, that is not true.  That section is also moderated.  If you intend to cause trouble there, I can ban you or just prevent you from posting in that section.

Again, I am the one here day after day.  I am the one people complain to, regularly.  I am the one caught in the middle of everything, so I do what is best for me and the site.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Dottles said:

We can talk about anything ,jsharr. This is a place to be yourself or not, forget your troubles or not, take on new personas or not, and live life.  What kind of gun did you and your boy fire? And how much are you getting charged to go out to the range??

.22 Mossberg Plinkster.  Shot for free at a friends farm