I picked up some color samples

petitepedal

Ask if you can special order a chair with a different color. I kinda like the color of the one you are sitting in. We have 3 leather pieces, one is dark green, another is tan, and the wife's recliner is light brown. Which is also my order of preference. Green is easy to live with.

I tend to like more basic colors for big pieces since I expect to be living with them for a long time and my tastes may change.  With basic colors, you can always change up the colors with pillows or throws  (of course my couch is a maroon and dark olive print, so I don't always follow this rule).  But you should get whatever speaks to  your heart and taste and makes you smile when you see it.

• Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I tend to like more basic colors for big pieces since I expect to be living with them for a long time and my tastes may change.  With basic colors, you can always change up the colors with pillows or throws  (of course my couch is a maroon and dark olive print, so I don't always follow this rule).  But you should get whatever speaks to  your heart and taste and makes you smile when you see it.

I agree Kirby although I think you should also look at what suits your complexion.  I think Petite would look washed out on the whitish colour, the blue may look good with her but it is a colour commitment!  The maroon is nice but just so common.  The one she is on looks good with her skin tone and thus, she looks good in it.   It matches her hair too!