At least the doctor was amused

12string

I was balanced on a stepladder reinstalling the (huge) microwave when I reached under the cabinet and managed to drive a splinter under my fingernail.  Took some effort to ignore it and not drop the oven.  I tried to dig it out with an x-acto and tweezers, too big.  Later when it was swelling and hurting further up my arm I thought I should at least see what a doctor thought about it.

How big a splinter?  I showed it to the doc and his first words were - "Wow, can I get a picture of that first?!"  And he laughed.

It was all the way down below the base of my nail, he had to cut out a chunk of nail to get it out.

Then he started with "600mg of Motrin, here's a note for 3 days out of work..."

• Heart 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 12string said:

I was balanced on a stepladder reinstalling the (huge) microwave when I reached under the cabinet and managed to drive a splinter under my fingernail.  Took some effort to ignore it and not drop the oven.  I tried to dig it out with an x-acto and tweezers, too big.  Later when it was swelling and hurting further up my arm I thought I should at least see what a doctor thought about it.

How big a splinter?  I showed it to the doc and his first words were - "Wow, can I get a picture of that first?!"  And he laughed.

It was all the way down below the base of my nail, he had to cut out a chunk of nail to get it out.

Then he started with "600mg of Motrin, here's a note for 3 days out of work..."

Chinese bamboo torture.

Ouch

• Heart 1

Doc asked if I wanted him to send me the pic.  Seriously, I had the think in there  a couple hours, I could have taken a pic if I wanted to.  And I really didn't want this guy having my cell number in his phone.

He actually did  a decent job, the nail isn't too torn up.

10 minutes ago, 2Far said:
  1. Pics or it didn't happen.
  2. 3 days lost-time accident/recordable for a SPLINTER??

1.  You'll have to check the doctor's Instagram account

2. I told him that was just nuts, if I was going to play hockey, I kind of have to also go to work.  He was also a little over the top with Novocaine.