Here's what I did over the last 2 days

Square Wheels

• 1 year later...
12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

If only I partook.  I have never tried any drugs.  Plus I don't think I have it in me to be a criminal.

Interesting that it would make you a criminal.  A short plane ride, and it isn't criminal here.  Felon one place, criminal record with no decent job prospects for doing something that nobody bats an eye at at another place.  It is a weird country.

17 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Interesting that it would make you a criminal.  A short plane ride, and it isn't criminal here.  Felon one place, criminal record with no decent job prospects for doing something that nobody bats an eye at at another place.  It is a weird country.

I hope this doesn't turn into another civil war. :(

5 minutes ago, Abstruse Moose said:

Looks like an excellent venue for this year's forum party!

No party this year.  I already had 2, none of you showed up.

I will have a really big party in two years, live band, bouncy house catered food.  I will invite everyone I know and work with.  Along with all of you, but none of you will show up.

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

No party this year.  I already had 2, none of you showed up.

I will have a really big party in two years, live band, bouncy house catered food.  I will invite everyone I know and work with.  Along with all of you, but none of you will show up.

It is weird that nobody showed up, but it is a long distance for lots of folks.  

27 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It is weird that nobody showed up, but it is a long distance for lots of folks.  

I will still invite you all.  The live band will be the most exciting to me.  It's my step brother, he's insanely talented.  I will pay them to play.  He will let me play a couple of songs with them and he promised not to charge more for that option.  Now I just need to decide on the songs and spend 2 years getting them nailed down.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Plus I don't think I have it in me to be a criminal.

Oh please. You've obviously never experienced your own attempts at humor.  :nyanya:

On a slightly more serious side -

Is your garage heated?  If not, I'd suggest you consider hanging a solar air heater just below the panes of glass adjacent to the garage.  You could punch some ductwork through the wall between the garage and greenhouse.  I'd guess with so much glass area the greenhouse gets more than enough heat from the sun and you could afford to divert some to the garage.  I wouldn't suggest a water based system as the greenhouse structure doesn't look like it would support the weight, or it would flex the frame enough to crack the glass or make it leak.

At today's fuel prices you wouldn't get a great payback, maybe 7-10 years.  It would, though, create a shaded spot in the greenhouse which might let you enjoy the greenhouse more on a sunny days.

Here's a wall-mounted design that could be adapted to the greenhouse if you're interested:

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/SpaceHeating/Homebuilt%20Solar%20Collector%20Instructions.pdf

If that won't work for you then peruse through these:

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/SpaceHeating/Space_Heating.htm

Interesting idea TK.  Our bedroom is right above the garage, so it would help with that too.  7 - 10 years is likely how much longer we'll be here, and since the garage isn't currently heated and I suspect the amount of heat that would make its way to our bedroom would be minimal, I don't think we'd make our money back.