40 to 45 degrees, rain and flooding

petitepedal

:runcirclsmiley: Good Lord!!!  So1 to 2 inches of rain..yup not the S word Tuesday night thru Thursday..and temps...45 degrees...The snow is gonna melt...giant snowbanks cover many of the drains :runcirclsmiley: And naturally...the ground is still frozen....With out this system they were worried about spring floods on the rivers...but this could be a problem...Taking my car in for work on Wednesday...I may ask for a loaner BOAT instead of a car!

• Sad 1

No one I've talked to seems to know where it came from - it didn't seem to rain that hard and we had little snow to melt, but everyone I talked to mentioned wet roads or grounds in the area. The bike/walking trails and farm fields were covered with water in low-lying areas in a park near me on Monday. The "Wildflower Trail" branching to the right over Jake's head and to the right of me was a muddy mess - lucky I didn't have to leave the main trail for a pee in the woods yesterday!

20190311_151739clar.sat900p.jpg.8b71d69cba03b92f5c7f04ec2848eed0.jpg   20190311_151844clar.sat900p.thumb.jpg.d43038f62f96a201a0034a232cfe4d41.jpg   20190311_151451clar.sat900p.jpg.0c3561afadd9cdbf07c62595f4e80b11.jpg

• Heart 2

Our epic dump from 2-3 weeks ago (24") <reported> is still around but starting to melt off. It to to about 47 yesterday then only down to 36 last night. Should be in the high 40's through the weekend. The big piles at the malls & parking lots will take a month or more to melt off

I opened up one drain yesterday. Going to do 2 more today. You know how it's hard to find the drains when they are covered in snow & ice? I use google street view to get pretty close. Yesterday i hit the drain on my first shovel. I was pretty impressed with myself :runcirclsmiley:

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1