Spring cleaning

Longjohn

44 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

4D5D2DCF-37BA-4AF7-84E1-7A55E31C15CC.jpeg.8253192551fce6f05ed6e973caf7cd93.jpeg

:)

I have what is called "regular cleaning" from December through April.  Almost every ride requires a wipe down afterwards.  Fromm April/May on, it is simply clean after a rainy ride.

I prefer a low key approach to maintenance - ie as little as humanly possible.

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

:)

I have what is called "regular cleaning" from December through April.  Almost every ride requires a wipe down afterwards.  Fromm April/May on, it is simply clean after a rainy ride.

I prefer a low key approach to maintenance - ie as little as humanly possible.

I always say I like to keep a protective layer of dirt on my stuff.

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I always say I like to keep a protective layer of dirt on my stuff. 

And I do agree with the OP comic where I will gladly go do some spring cleaning, but only on my bike, not the nonsense my wife will come up with.

For some reason, she is obsessed with MY closet. Not hers, mine!  Why should she care if I keep some t-shirts around longer than "normal" or that I have - and "don't need" - so many bike jerseys?  It's MY closet, darn it.  If I hear her say "we need to go through your closet" again anytime soon, I may have to put a mattress in there too.

• Haha 1

I had planned to do some serious housecleaning today, but I'm sore all over from an extra-long walk yesterday.

Hopefully tomorrow.  Thursday I'm going to ride my bike, but only about 30 minutes total to make sure all my healing connective tissue is ready for it.

By summer I want to be doing my favorite 10.6 mile loop, the BWI Airport Trail, with some hills and woods and takes a little under an hour on my mountain bike when I'm in shape.