Star Trek bridge sounds?

Randomguy

I would like to hear ambient background noise at work, and I find normal Star Trek background noises to be very soothing (the original series, that is).  Does anyone know a source where I could find a loop of Star Trek sounds, or some sort of generator for this?

On another forum I'm on, the owner slipped in the door opening sound for when you opened or closed a thread.  It was complained about and is now removed.  It was pretty cool in the beginning though.

On another forum I'm on, the owner slipped in the door opening sound for when you opened or closed a thread.  It was complained about and is now removed.  It was pretty cool in the beginning though.

I'm a software developer. In my 'previous life' I mostly wrote device drivers....software that controlled hardware devices. I worked on a project where I was writing a powerup software for a really huge hardware device. It was so big it had about 8 huge cooling fans on it. The sound of the fans when they started up kinda sounded like the whistle sound before a bomb hits. So I modified my software to play a little explosion sound just at the end of the powerup sequence. The result was CLASSIC! Most people LOVED it.

The boss of the project thought it was unprofessional and asked that it be removed. The customer (who had heard it once) asked what happened and then insisted it be put back in. :D

• Heart 3