Do you have a favorite window in your house?

AirwickWithCheese

I have 1 in the bathroom which is not as typical these days. The Carolina wrens sing to me while I shower. 

I used to love the 3 windows all grouped together in the living room looking out on the two oaks and Kathryn's house. Now that window makes me sad. 

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Jennifer Ann said:

That must be a yankee term.  I have lived a long time and I have never heard of a doorwall.  :scratchhead:

Not a popular yankee term if it is.  I've never heard it used before for a single sliding glass door.  Daughter#3 lives in a lakefront cottage where the entire west wall of the house consists of 3 large sliding glass door units.  That would be a doorwall if there ever was one.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I like the bay window in my second story office.  The two side vents are casement and when open, provide a light breeze across my desk.  The Maple tree in the front yard provides shade and privacy and beautiful seasonal colours. 

This sounds lovely. Does WOWilbur sometimes dance seductively near the window in a sheer teddy to get your attention when you're running late for bed? 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Not a popular yankee term if it is.  I've never heard it used before for a single sliding glass door.  Daughter#3 lives in a lakefront cottage where the entire west wall of the house consists of 3 large sliding glass door units.  That would be a doorwall if there ever was one.

Would you agree then that bikeman deserves a warning point for the unjustified whatever?  

• Heart 2

Just now, MickinMD said:

I loved the bow window I personally installed in my old house. I've considered doing two bay windows in the front of my current house.

Although your contribution is appreciated, and I understand wanting two bay windows, obviously this is not what you currently have. I need to know your favorite window currently in service at your home.  

My favorite is the picture window on the south wall of the living room.  It looks out over our park like setting of a side yard with a good view of our small pond, waterwheel and trout stream.  it also fills the living room with sunlight.

• Heart 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

My favorite is the picture window on the south wall of the living room.  It looks out over our park like setting of a side yard with a good view of our small pond, waterwheel and trout stream.  it also fills the living room with sunlight.

Was that so difficult? 

I just realized that my house really doesn’t have a nice view to anything... The back slider and kitchen window both face our fence and so you can’t see the nice green belt.  We keep the drapes closed on all upstairs windows as we live so close together you can look into your neighbors window otherwise.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I just realized that my house really doesn’t have a nice view to anything... The back slider and kitchen window both face our fence and so you can’t see the nice green belt.  We keep the drapes closed on all upstairs windows as we live so close together you can look into your neighbors window otherwise.

But you answered the question thoughtfully and without malice. Thank you, ChrisL. 

May I participate in your Westbrook thread?  

• Awesome 1

I replaced a leaking bay window in the living room with a nice Harvey flat picture window with a sash on each side.  The noise level dropped, the cold winter air from the glass stopped and it looks good.  Now if I could just afford those for the rest of the house.  I replaced the windows about 25 years ago with inexpensive vinyl and now it's time to do it again.

I would also pick the sliding glass door in my bedroom since it overlooks the back yard and I can see the birds and other wildlife from there.  But if we can't pick sliding doors, then I'd pick the window closest to the sliding door since that gets the most sun in the morning.

• Heart 1

Yup..... see park greenway, trees with MUP, gentle ridge rising between trees, a famous bridge, high rises and LRT running off in a distance (I don't hear it) and more bldgs.  on top of a ridge.  Honest it's a desired view within the city and one of the best ones for a residential bldg. downtown.

Yes, we do see cyclists, joggers, etc.  We do hear birds twittering away.  At ground level, we do have wild rabbits scampering around...downtown.

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

This is a stupid thread, but whatever. I'll play your silly game.

Bay Window.  Gives a nice view of my slice of the neighborhood.

If I lived 5 miles away in Ontario, it would be a neighbourhood I lived in.

I’m sorry @AirwickWithCheese  I thought this was a Kzoo thread. I never would have been so callous if I thought it was your topic. 

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Yup..... see park greenway, trees with MUP, gentle ridge rising between trees, a famous bridge, high rises and LRT running off in a distance (I don't hear it) and more bldgs.  on top of a ridge.  Honest it's a desired view within the city and one of the best ones for a residential bldg. downtown.

Yes, we do see cyclists, joggers, etc.  We do hear birds twittering away.  At ground level, we do have wild rabbits scampering around...downtown.

Calgary has great trails everywhere and very scenic views looking up at or down from the foothills.