Of knives, baskets, and slow-draining sinks. Pole dancers, too.

Randomguy

24 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My parents have knives with bent tips.  What can be done?

My mother has collected hundreds of baskets.  Why?

The kitchen sinks drain slowly.  What can I do covertly to fix this?

Where can I get a pole dancer like the one in the other thread?

Stuff probably came in the baskets like flowers. The flowers wilted and she threw them away, the basket was still good so she saved it. Don’t want to throw away a perfectly good basket.

A commercial drain cleaner made from concentrated sulfuric acid will open the drain. Wear goggles and rubber gloves when applying it. Read the instructions on the bottle before using. You might have to lie about what you do for a living to get them to sell it to you. Home Depot sells it.

Forthe pole dancer you might have to go to a gentleman’s club to get one. They are quite expensive.

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My parents have knives with bent tips.  What can be done?

My mother has collected hundreds of baskets.  Why?

The kitchen sinks drain slowly.  What can I do covertly to fix this? 

New knives. Keep the economy growing.

She is nuts.

Drano - as suggested - and likely the heavy duty hairball dissolving version.

Eastern European brides are readily available on the internet.  Maybe even some sort of big sale with the Anniversary and all!

34 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My parents have knives with bent tips

Remember when you used them to open paint cans?  Buy them a new knife, cheap bastard!

36 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

My mother has collected hundreds of baskets.

Take no hostages, dipose of no baskets.  WW2 motto.   Sell them on Etsy.

37 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The kitchen sinks drain slowly. 

Prolly kitchen grease and food build up.  Pour Drano in until you learn it won't work then snake it out.

38 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Duh!  Ukraine, Russia, Romania. 

Everyone is saying Draino, you might try that. It is sissyfied, watered down version of a real drain cleaner like “Clobber”. They are only supposed to sell Clobber to people who's job involves maintaining drain systems. Draino doesn’t always work but it’s worth a try I guess. I don’t mess around with the watered down stuff.

There was a stretch where collectible baskets were all the rage.  Unfortunately that time has passed and there isn't a market for the resale of baskets.  Hopefully she enjoys using them and they make her happy

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

There was a stretch where collectible baskets were all the rage.  Unfortunately that time has passed and there isn't a market for the resale of baskets.  Hopefully she enjoys using them and they make her happy

But in RG's case, there is a reason the word "basket" is part of the phrase "basket case"!

One of my residents would suggest baking soda and vinegar...followed shortly with hot water...I do not have a snake so I got this yellow thing with points all along it....about 20 inches long or so...shove it down and pulled it back up...followed it with Liquid Plumber or some such stuff...

I have a knife with a bent end too :whistle: You need a free bench to leave a few bent knives and baskets on...like we do at work...otherwise...see if their church is having a garage sale or such and encourage them to donate the baskets :nodhead:

2 minutes ago, Jennifer Ann said:

My neighbors and I have learned the hard way that caustic drain cleaners can damage your pipes, if they are metal.  Try the snake first.

I don't even use them anymore.  I use a snake first and if I don't like the results, take the trap apart and clear the clog by hand.  99/100 it is near the back of the trap. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I don't even use them anymore.  I use a snake first and if I don't like the results, take the trap apart and clear the clog by hand.  99/100 it is near the back of the trap. 

I have to disassemble my pipe at the trap and use the snake to go into the pipe where it enters the wall.  For some reason, mine always clogs up at a 90 deg fitting in the wall.  

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Jennifer Ann said:

I have to disassemble my pipe at the trap and use the snake to go into the pipe where it enters the wall.  For some reason, mine always clogs up at a 90 deg fitting in the wall.  

Is this a once a decade thing? Once in a lifetime event? Sharktank had a doodad for you if it was more often. :)

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I thought Drano wouldn't; let you hurt your pipes?  Dangit!  Who can you trust these days>

Why anyone still uses metal pipes under the sink is beyond me. They cost more and if you live there any length of time they WILL rust out, drain cleaner or not. Drain cleaners come in a plastic bottle, that’s an indication that they won’t hurt plastic pipes.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Why anyone still uses metal pipes under the sink is beyond me. They cost more and if you live there any length of time they WILL rust out, drain cleaner or not. Drain cleaners come in a plastic bottle, that’s an indication that they won’t hurt plastic pipes. 

If it can't eat through plastic, how the heck will it eat through a CLOG!!!! 

3 minutes ago, 12string said:

Use the baskets to lure a pole dancer to your house and then force her at knifepoint to clear the drain.  If she notices the bent tips the whole plan collapses, so you should take care of the knife problem first.

And the baskets?  You left the baskets out of your plan.

Please rework your plan and resubmit in triplicate.