so apparently the government is suing me.

bikeman564™

I get scam calls all the time ? but this one was a recorded message stating something to the fact that myself and my family mind you have been investigated and are being sued for fraud (hate when that happens).  So I call back the number they tell me too. I get a "hello". No company name, just a hello. I say I received a call yada yada yada. She asks for my name and I ask what company she's with. Seems legit considering I"m being sued. She hangs up. So I call back. Dude answers, "hello". I say "Hello, I'm w/ the IRS fraud devision" click :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I get scam calls all the time ? but this one was a recorded message stating something to the fact that myself and my family mind you have been investigated and are being sued for fraud (hate when that happens).  So I call back the number they tell me too. I get a "hello". No company name, just a hello. I say I received a call yada yada yada. She asks for my name and I ask what company she's with. Seems legit considering I"m being sued. She hangs up. So I call back. Dude answers, "hello". I say "Hello, I'm w/ the IRS fraud devision" click :D

• Heart 1

I was getting one over and over for a while saying the IRS had a claim against me but, since I once had a major dispute with the IRS, involving real estate and capital gains, and wouldn't pay the $12,000+ they wanted, I knew the real IRS sends you a registered letter before doing anything.  In the end, I claimed they owed me $2800+ and eventually settled by paying them the $1700+ they claimed I owed at the end of the ordeal, realizing I couldn't do any better.

• Heart 1