How do I cook stuffed pork chops?

Randomguy

They are stuffed, from a grocery store.

My mom mentioned pork chops, so I offered to cook some.  Somehow in her mind, that meant stuffed pork chops, she told my dad, who went out and bought them pre-stuffed with what looks like stuffing.  I like things from scratch, so I am a little put off, but these are the pork chops I have, so they are the ones I will cook.  

How?  Why?  What?  Where?  When?

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Sear them on one side in a cast iron pan, seasoned of course, flip them and throw them in the oven 350 for 20-30 minutes.  Deglaze the pan with chicken stock and stir in a little creme fresh and dijon mustard for sauce.  S&P to taste.  Simple and yummy. 

I would have said this except for the deglazing the pan.  I might try that tho!

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

165?  145 is much better.  Remember, RG does not like crispy pork. :) 

I do not like making stuffed pork chops, it seems fraught with things to go wrong.  They came out somewhat dry, but the landscape dictated this outcome.  My dad wanted and bought frozen roasted veggies that wanted to be one hundred degrees hotter than the pork chops.  So basically, premade stuff dictated things turned out way less optimal than I envisioned.  Plus, they are super risk-averse now, and wanted the pork to be well-done.  Bleh.

I will not cook stuffed pork chops ever again, it is impossible to get a sear without stuffing falling everywhere.  Wth would you want packaged roasted vegetables?  They are super easy to chop and put in an oven and they taste so much better.  I also miss my dutch oven, in which I made perfect pork chops the last three times.  The cookware didn't cause the difficulty, though, it was the form and the compromises that needed to be made.  

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I do not like making stuffed pork chops, it seems fraught with things to go wrong.  They came out somewhat dry, but the landscape dictated this outcome.  My dad wanted and bought frozen roasted veggies that wanted to be one hundred degrees hotter than the pork chops.  So basically, premade stuff dictated things turned out way less optimal than I envisioned.  Plus, they are super risk-averse now, and wanted the pork to be well-done.  Bleh.

I will not cook stuffed pork chops ever again, it is impossible to get a sear without stuffing falling everywhere.  Wth would you want packaged roasted vegetables?  They are super easy to chop and put in an oven and they taste so much better.  I also miss my dutch oven, in which I made perfect pork chops the last three times.  The cookware didn't cause the difficulty, though, it was the form and the compromises that needed to be made.  

I absolutely despise stuffed meats.  Primarily because they do dry out.  It is a throw back to the 70's when stuffed everything were in vogue.  It also allows bacteria into the middle of the chop so if health is an issue, maybe over cooked is safer for them.  

I normally buy thicker chop cuts  (1 1/2") and place them on top of partially cooked roast veggies (after searing) with some nice fatty sausages.   The veggies come out amazing and you have enough meat for a few days.  

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

In the oven at 350 for 40 minutes or until they reach 165 degrees in the center.

Note that the reason ground and stuffed meats are heated to 165F is because e coli bacteria can get into the interior of meat or in the stuffing and they are not safely killed unless the internal temperature is 165F.

This presents a potential problem for overcooked meat - the normal for pork is 145F - or dry stuffing and some recipes do 10 minutes at 450F and then drop the temperature to 350F so the inside and outside temperatures are a little closer together.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Note that the reason ground and stuffed meats are heated to 165F is because e coli bacteria can get into the interior of meat or in the stuffing and they are not safely killed unless the internal temperature is 165F.

This presents a potential problem for overcooked meat - the normal for pork is 145F - or dry stuffing and some recipes do 10 minutes at 450F and then drop the temperature to 350F so the inside and outside temperatures are a little closer together.

In your pig face @Wilbur I was right after all!!!!!  Why were you trying to kill @Randomguy you monster?  

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I absolutely despise stuffed meats.  Primarily because they do dry out.  It is a throw back to the 70's when stuffed everything were in vogue.  It also allows bacteria into the middle of the chop so if health is an issue, maybe over cooked is safer for them.  

I normally buy thicker chop cuts  (1 1/2") and place them on top of partially cooked roast veggies (after searing) with some nice fatty sausages.   The veggies come out amazing and you have enough meat for a few days.  

Way to cover your ass.  I am not sure I like the idea of you cooking pork though.  That is sort of like your suggestion @Randomguy cook his parents.  Were the chops or sausages related to you?