Nothing gives you new car itch like a sweet loaner.

petitepedal

4 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Nice. However white matches the snow but not the slush. I've owned both white and black cars and will never do it again. Always look dirty within a couple of days of washing them. Silver hides dirt well.

Yep, nothing hides dirt like silver.  My wife bought a pearl white vehicle which isn't horrible to keep clean looking.  Just by observation, it appears white, is the new silver. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yep, nothing hides dirt like silver.  My wife bought a pearl white vehicle which isn't horrible to keep clean looking.  Just by observation, it appears white, is the new silver. 

This.  My last 3 cars have all been silver/platinum.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Yeah, but nothing looks quite as nice as a clean black car with a nice polish on it.  

You obviously don't cruse the salt encrusted roads of a northern state.

I agree on the looks but black cars here look terrible after about 8:15 in the morning.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Try living on a gravel road; one trip and the sheen is gone.?

Gravel sounds pretty good about now after almost getting over in the ditch yesterday when I picked the wrong rut on our dirt road. They are sprinkling some pebbles on it this morning.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Gravel sounds pretty good about now after almost getting over in the ditch yesterday when I picked the wrong rut on our dirt road. They are sprinkling some pebbles on it this morning.

Ours are still covered with ice and snow.  I almost got the Jetta stuck getting the paper the other day.

• Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Ours are still covered with ice and snow.  I almost got the Jetta stuck getting the paper the other day.

I’m trying to wrap my head around this statement. My initial thought was you are driving to the market for your paper but then realized you may just be driving down a really long dirt drive to your mailbox.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Currently renting a red with black accents Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4x4. Meh, but surprised how quiet the aggressive tread tires are on the highway. 

09B37D2C-036B-43B6-AA8A-1E680CA06610.jpeg

My wife always insisted she needed good tires with an aggressive tread on her car. The last time she bought tires for the Pilot she said she wanted mud and snow tires and the tire shop said they didn’t stock those in the summer. They recommended a spensive tire with aggressive tread yet high mileage and quiet. They did look good. They are amazingly quiet but they can’t get out of their own way in mud and snow.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I’m trying to wrap my head around this statement. My initial thought was you are driving to the market for your paper but then realized you may just be driving down a really long dirt drive to your mailbox.

No, just coming home from the fish fry on Friday night and pulled over to the paper box on the way home.  Front wheel caught in the snow, and I had to use some backup/forward driving to get back upon the hard stuff.  I then parked outside the gate and walked over to get the paper out of the box.  We live on a corner 4 miles out of town with about 3/4 miles gravel road in any direction until we get to pavement. We have mail and paper delivery to boxes across the street from our house.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Currently renting a red with black accents Jeep Compass Trailhawk 4x4. Meh, but surprised how quiet the aggressive tread tires are on the highway. 

09B37D2C-036B-43B6-AA8A-1E680CA06610.jpeg

Interesting how you folks talk about tire noise.  Not much of a concern for us, since we drive a VW Jetta, Jeep Cherokee, and 1-ton Dodge dually pu.  Plus we can always turn our hearing aids to a low setting or take them out for the drive.  I actually just play the radio at a high volume.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I have no clue..it was my loaner....but it sure was sweet...A woman came in right behind me in a blue one..to get her license plate put on...I took a look in the back when they had the hatch up...Mmmmmm I see room for a bike :cheerleader: It had heated seats too...I didn't need them today...as it was I started to cook half way to the dealership...hard to learn buttons on two 30 minute drives in fog, rain and rush hour traffic :dontknow:

19 hours ago, groupw said:

I am curious how you feel it drives compared to your 6. I plan to replace our 14 year old 6 this year. I have driven a new 6, but haven’t found a CX-5 in town to try out

I liked it...but would have to do a bit more driving..rush hour in fog and rain it was sweet

• Heart 2

Mrs has plans to visit our grandson out west every few months, and since her van has well over 100,000 miles on it, she really, really, wants a new CX-5 to do it. But being her mother's daughter, shes waiting for me to pull the trigger so it'll be my fault that we spend over $35,000 for a car. :rolleyes:

If that's the case, I'm waiting to see if the new CX-30 will come with the 2.5 turbo. Its larger than the CX-3 but smaller, sportier and easier to park than the CX-5. ;)