Nothing gives you a new bike itch like a sweet loaner.

Wilbur

48 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You got me on a parody, yes?  Horrible. 

It actually isn't a parody.  It is fact but worded the same as another thread. :)  I would like to sell a road bike too but every time I clean it up it harkens back to fun rides.. 

• Heart 3

We had a great LBS near the BWI Airport trail that would let you test-ride bikes on for several miles of trail.  It was called "Bike Doctor," then "Aviation VELO," then, unfortunately, it closed up last year.  If my health keeps improving and I get a bike to join a weekly morning road-riding group lighter than the 32 lb. mountain bike I use on paved trails for exercise, I was willing to pay a little more to buy it there, but with the injuries I've had the only thing that's been delayed and all I got there was having them put Velox Rim Tape on my wheels after the cheap rubber-band-like stuff that came with the bike slipped out of position and pinched my inner tube in a spoke hole.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Giving you a loaner is ridiculous. Buy the bicycle old man.  

There is no giving although I could probably ride it through the summer before they asked for it to be returned.  When you bail a shop out financially, they tend to share in their ensuing success. :) 

• Heart 3

On 3/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, Wilbur said:

It actually isn't a parody.  It is fact but worded the same as another thread. :)  I would like to sell a road bike too but every time I clean it up it harkens back to fun rides.. 

We really need to meet up for a road ride this year. But first, I'm gonna have to gain back some fitness I lost over the winter. 

• Heart 1

Wait. I'm confused. Is @Wilbur getting a new Stumpy?? I sure hope so!

I hear ya, @Rattlecan. I haven't ridden since I don't know when. I've been busy playing in the snow in other ways this winter (snowshoeing and shoveling!).  The one time I hopped on the fattie at camp, I realized it really doesn't fit me that well. In it's defense, the seat post was too high since DoSmudge1 was the last one to ride it. But I realized it doesn't feel that great now that I have the Hei Hei which fits me a ton better. Meh, I probably needed some time off bikes for a while. It's definitely getting to be time to get back on!

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, smudge said:

Wait. I'm confused. Is @Wilbur getting a new Stumpy?? I sure hope so!

I hear ya, @Rattlecan. I haven't ridden since I don't know when. I've been busy playing in the snow in other ways this winter (snowshoeing and shoveling!).  The one time I hopped on the fattie at camp, I realized it really doesn't fit me that well. In it's defense, the seat post was too high since DoSmudge1 was the last one to ride it. But I realized it doesn't feel that great now that I have the Hei Hei which fits me a ton better. Meh, I probably needed some time off bikes for a while. It's definitely getting to be time to get back on!

It's not confusing smudge.  I am long over due.   My newest bike is 7 years old now. 

• Heart 1