Electric cooktops are dumb

Randomguy

18 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Did you break your mother's ?

No, but theirs is inconsistent between burners.  Medium on one burner is not the same as medium on another burner.  Yours was easier to figure than the parent's. 

I told them the first thing I do when they die is to rip it out and put a gas stove in, so they better not die, ever.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

No, but theirs is inconsistent between burners.  Medium on one burner is not the same as medium on another burner.  Yours was easier to figure than the parent's. 

I told them the first thing I do when they die is to rip it out and put a gas stove in, so they better not die, ever.

So, you are moving back to Ohio...  Better that RO experience a Christmas Story Christmas in person.  

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Is the house wired for gas?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Does the house have access to gas? I have only had one house with access to gas, that’s one of the reasons I have always heated with wood.

Not sure.  I think propane could be substituted, right?  Anyway, gas fire is way more intuitive.  I can see why someone with an eye toward cost or complexity cutting would install electric in large projects like developments or condos, but I think everyone ultimately wants gas if there is any choice.  Wood would seem more intuitive, as well, plus I love the heat it puts out.