Buffjim... what the hell is this "Bomb Cyclone"...and why are you not reporting it?

petitepedal

7 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

another made up name?:blink:

Not so... It is the technical metrological term for the conditions that are created when the atmospheric pressure drops 24 millibars over a 24 hour period.

DeathJim - tell 'em.

• Awesome 2

With what it was doing in Denver was afraid would impact my Saturday travel on the East Coast. Looks like dodged two bullets. Must arrive Friday with 80% rain and temp's in 50's, dropping to 10% and above freezing Saturday, plus, not on one of Southwest's 737 Max 8, just an earlier model 737.

46 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Not so... It is the technical metrological term for the conditions that are created when the atmospheric pressure drops 24 millibars over a 24 hour period.

DeathJim - tell 'em.

It's a made up name for that sequence of events.  Most events are named today, most often by the media. 

27 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I saw some pics of the Nebraska flooding on Facebook this morning. Pretty extreme. Here's a link about the storm.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/bomb-cyclone-slams-plains-midwest-heavy-winds-snow-n983141

We count on you for information, first hand weather experience, data, life saving tips, and you give us a video.

#losingfaith

My niece is in Colorado and got stranded on her drive home from work.  She's relatively new there and her car isn't 4 wheel drive.  She left her car and a nice stranger  gave her a ride home.  She went back and picked the car up after the snow emergency.