Still recovering

12string

We need to re-think the way we do Daylight Saving Time.  That hour all at once is not good for my Circadian Rhythm, whatever that is.  Seriously, it's not like the sun just wakes up one day and decides it's gonna hang around a couple hours longer, why do we?  We should take 6 months every year where we move the clock 5 minutes every 2 weeks, then go back the other 6 months.  We can add a minute for leap years.  Problem solved, easy as pi!  I don't know why they didn't ask me back when they made up this dumb changing how long the days are thing.

12 minutes ago, 12string said:

We need to re-think the way we do Daylight Saving Time.  That hour all at once is not good for my Circadian Rhythm, whatever that is.  Seriously, it's not like the sun just wakes up one day and decides it's gonna hang around a couple hours longer, why do we?  We should take 6 months every year where we move the clock 5 minutes every 2 weeks, then go back the other 6 months.  We can add a minute for leap years.  Problem solved, easy as pi!  I don't know why they didn't ask me back when they made up this dumb changing how long the days are thing.

You're pretty wimpy for an Eagles fan.  I always heard that you guys were tough.  

Guess I was misinformed.

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

If we don't save the hour to use later, it's not Daylight "Saving" Time.  It's just Time.  So we can't have Daylight Saving Time all year.  We can only have Time all year.

geez, just one day a year you'd think people could handle math.

Hey @jsharr, can you explain reality to this guy.  His nonsensical postings give me a headache.

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I already proposed the concept of all time being based off of Dallas, Texas time.  Dallas Universal Time.  It was not received well as I recall.

the advantage to that is that everybody could claim their football team is great as proven by their recent Super Bowl win.

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I already proposed the concept of all time being based off of Dallas, Texas time.  Dallas Universal Time.  It was not received well as I recall.

...we could probably sell Oklahoma time as the universal standard. There's already a song. And you're basically already in the same time zone, you just lose the naming rights.

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...we could probably sell Oklahoma time as the universal standard. There's already a song. And you're basically already in the same time zone, you just lose the naming rights.

Texas doesn't like to lose anything to Oklahoma.  It happens all the time but they still don't like it.  You'd think they would be used to it by now.

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What a bunch of pansy mansies.  It's one friggin hour, twice a year and you are crying about it?   You need to try 12 hour changes four or five times per month and DST won't be an issue at all.  But I do feel for you. :)  

And of course, having been 12 time zones away for a few days you just start to get used to it when it's time to come back.

• Heart 1

...try this, it really works:

1. Give up caffeine in all forms for a year or two.

2. Order a medium mocha late at at Vietnamese place while waiting for your wife's cataract procedure to be done.

3. Forget about mentioning "decaf", because you're distracted by everything going on with said procedure.

4. Finally get to sleep at 3 am in the morning, but only after several bouts of the shakes.

5. After feeling bad for a couple of days after this, and napping freely, you will be completely in sync. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

2. Order a medium mocha late at at Vietnamese place while waiting for your wife's cataract procedure to be done.

3. Forget about mentioning "decaf", because you're distracted by everything going on with said procedure.

4. Finally get to sleep at 3 am in the morning, but only after several bouts of the shakes.

5. After feeling bad for a couple of days after this, and napping freely, you will be completely in sync. :) 

Unfortunately, she can now see you.. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

What a bunch of pansy mansies.  It's one friggin hour, twice a year and you are crying about it?   You need to try 12 hour changes four or five times per month and DST won't be an issue at all.  But I do feel for you. :)  

This

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

#2. There’s a joke in there about Vietnamese, Cataracts and luxury cars. I’ll leave it to you to work out the punch line. 

• Haha 1